No announcement yet.

John Skipper’s ‘Golden’ moment. How he signed Canelo Alvarez to DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holler View Post

Of course you're right. Here's a picture of them celebrating. Don't be deceived by the way, that fella on the left there, the programming director of Boxing for Dazn, some people think he looks a bit like Eddie Hearn but he's really no relation.
    They we're at a press conference where they were talking about the fielding fight as well as the deal. Just because they took a pic and Hearn is in the back don't mean he has shyt to do with golden boys contract with DAZN. Which is why he wasn't mentioned in the article and every press release states Golden boy deal is totally separate from the deal Hearn has with DAZN. He has no say in what canelo or Golden boy does on DAZN. But I thought if you wanted to get on DAZN you needed to sign with hearn? I thought he was the exclusive promoter for DAZN? Everyone needed to sign co-promotional deals with hearn of they wanted to fight on DAZN? None of that shyt was true. Oscar went right around him and got his own deal on DAZN and this detailed article of how it came to be has no mention of Hearn for a reason.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-22-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

It is clear if Hearn thought he played a part in this that GBP certainly doesn't think so, or don't think it played much of a part in this. Basically he overestimates the impact he had in this. Skipper is a closer though and that's why he was brought into DAZN. Sure he ended up coking out his way out of ESPN, but he's no dummy. Props to him for closing this deal down.

Back to Hearn, he said they had dinner with GBP and then the next day or two days later the legal team hammered down the deal. Well, in this article it states that Skipper had been in contact with GBP since October 2nd, far before this alleged dinner. Either that or this was when Hearn was trying to get Canelo to DAZN and GBP cut a completely different deal with them.
      Last edited by KTFOKING; 10-22-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        I Sure he ended up coking out his way out of ESPN, but he's not dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          *no dummy lol.

Skipper is a smart man and know to be able to close the deal, so not surprising he was able to get Canelo on board. Big time move for DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            It's behind a paywall so ya'll broke asses can think me for posting from my subscription

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...a/Skipper.aspx
            Credit to John Skipper, DAZN is now something boxing fans can take seriously.

Comment

Of course you're right. Here's a picture of them celebrating. Don't be deceived by the way, that fella on the left there, the programming director of Boxing for Dazn, some people think he looks a bit like Eddie Hearn but he's really no relation.
              So what was Hearn’s involvement in the deal then???
              Aside from being in the back of a photograph at a press conference.

Since when was he a “programming director” at DAZN as well???
              DAZN’s programming is directed by Scott Woodgate NOT Eddie Hearn.
              Hearn is merely a partner/client of DAZN the same way Scott Coker and now Oscar De La Hoya are.
              Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 10-22-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                *no dummy lol.

Skipper is a smart man and know to be able to close the deal, so not surprising he was able to get Canelo on board. Big time move for DAZN.
                It could be or it could flop. I know a lot of people that are fans of Canelo but not necessarily boxing fans. I can’t see them downloading DAZN.

Comment

That looks more like he photobombed them, than someone who was invited to take a photo.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    That looks more like he photobombed them, than someone who was invited to take a photo.
                    LMFAO & yea it definitely does.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      Credit to John Skipper, DAZN is now something boxing fans can take seriously.
                      Very true. Thought they were just some random app, didn't think much of them, but I'm sure I wouldn't have signed up if not for this blockbuster deal.

They aren't fuking around. Message read loud and clear. $365 million dollars. They got my attention, and got my business. Subbed!

Comment

Working...
                      X