No announcement yet.

Melbourne stripped of Premierships for salary cap breaches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minasyan View Post
    it's so bull**** the players didn't know, how can you not know your getting money on the side? the players should be banned and fined too
    I'm inclined to agree with you mate. I think the players might have known. If it is proven that they did, what happens then? It is going to get really messy.

Bottom line - don't cheat the cap. You get caught, and you get ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      NEVER!!!!

In all seriousness though, they really should just drop out of the competition for this season. Its pointless them turning up every week for pretty much no reason. The players risking injury and whatnot.
      Well the players still have Origin and Australian jumpers to play for.

I'm inclined to agree with you mate. I think the players might have known. If it is proven that they did, what happens then? It is going to get really messy.

Bottom line - don't cheat the cap. You get caught, and you get ****ed.
      Like Phil Gould said on the Footy Show last night, some of the players might have known they were getting a little extra money but I don't think that the players knew that they were way over the salary cap.

But the salary cap should be raised - look what the Strom did to ensure they kept their top players.

I wonder if Craig Bellamy knew something was going on.

Comment

The morning papers done here have come out all guns blazing.
        Stick a fork in em, they're done.
        Hostplus will today also announce they are pulling their sponsorship. Going by the radio callers this morning the fans feel cheated down here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
          The morning papers done here have come out all guns blazing.
          Stick a fork in em, they're done.
          Hostplus will today also announce they are pulling their sponsorship. Going by the radio callers this morning the fans feel cheated down here as well.
          Yeah, they are really going to struggle.

I hope the Broncs can pick up one or two players from the Storm. Blair would be good.

Comment

I hope the Broncs can pick up one or two players from the Storm. Blair would be good.
            I can see Inglis and Slater playing for other clubs next year. Unless they take a pay cut.

Comment

I wonder how the Broncos could afford that without breaching their cap. Maybe their accountants are more cunning that their Melbourne counterparts.

In all seriousness, I agree with what Woftam suggested. You'd be mad to think that the Storm were the only team that were doing this. It would not suprise me at all if the Broncos ended up getting caught out too. I'm not just saying that because Dan is a diehard Broncos fan either.

Storm and Broncos have easily been the most successful clubs of the past decade. They have more than their fair share of marquee names.

I think that this might spell the end for the Storm. What is the point of the fans turning up to watch them play this season?

My condolences to you Woftam...

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                I wonder how the Broncos could afford that without breaching their cap. Maybe their accountants are more cunning that their Melbourne counterparts.

In all seriousness, I agree with what Woftam suggested. You'd be mad to think that the Storm were the only team that were doing this. It would not suprise me at all if the Broncos ended up getting caught out too. I'm not just saying that because Dan is a diehard Broncos fan either.

Storm and Broncos have easily been the most successful clubs of the past decade. They have more than their fair share of marquee names.

I think that this might spell the end for the Storm. What is the point of the fans turning up to watch them play this season?

My condolences to you Woftam...

The Broncos would be one of the last sides to be in breach of the salary cap. Not only do we not have that many players that would be on big money, but we have lost hundreds of thousands in players over the last few seasons without really replacing them.

I think the Storm are the only ones doing it. I don't see why its so hard to believe. They have been head and shoulders above the rest of the competition over that time period. I could accept that everyone was doing it if the playing field was still level, but its pretty clear it isn't.

Put it this way, if the Broncos were cheating the cap then the likes of Ben Hannant, Karmichael Hunt, Dave Taylor, Darius Boyd and Petero Civenociva would not have all left the club over the past few years.

I know all you Sydney boys don't like us because we are just plain better than you, but try to use some common sense.

Comment

Put it this way, if the Broncos were cheating the cap then the likes of Ben Hannant, Karmichael Hunt, Dave Taylor, Darius Boyd and Petero Civenociva would not have all left the club over the past few years.

I know all you Sydney boys don't like us because we are just plain better than you, but try to use some common sense.
                  Haven't the Storm lost some high profile players in the last few years too, including: Israel Folau, Matt King and Dallas Johnson ?

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                    Haven't the Storm lost some high profile players in the last few years too, including: Israel Folau, Matt King and Dallas Johnson ?
                    Thanks Philfy. You're spot on.
                    We have also lost

Clint Newton
                    Antonio Kaufuisi
                    Ben Cross
                    Michael Crocker
                    Jeremy Smith
                    David Kidwell

To name just a few.

1 more statement for you Dan.
                    These 5 guys below were nobodies, probably Inglis too until the Storm developed them. The first 2 made their name at the Storm and then sold themselves to the highest bidder.

Matt Orford
                    Brett Kimorley
                    Israel Falou
                    Cameron Smith
                    Billy Slater

Comment

Yeah I do mate. I think it is highlighted by the fact that the club that was caught cheating has been BY FAR the best club in the competition over the past few years. Its not rocket science.

I understand you are disappointed mate, I would be beyond gutted. Come up here and join the Broncs fans, just about all of your players are Queenslanders anyways.
                      i agree, i bet the highest paid people in the whole league setup are the auditors and the only way to breach the cap is to be so devious that the consequences are disastrous.

Comment

Working...
                      X