Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis: Winning WBSS Means I'm The Legitimate Best at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=£-4-£;19290505]Nope, Regis. You're wrong. Mikey Garcia is Lineal Champion and will be THE MAN until he is defeated at 140lbs.

Also, Josh Taylor is winning the WBSS.[/QUOTE

Prograis would beat Mikey and Kosh Taylor ass FOH

Comment

Regis has all tools: except a BRAIN

Just sayin'--His greatest attribute is that he's very elusive/evasive and if focused, extremely hard to hit solidly. But he gets lazy or bored and falls into some punches, so he may as well not be quite so evasive and save the energy wasted by his upper body movement. Yes, that athleticism is more pronounced than his punch. Excellent power, but not convinced it's upper-elite.

Watch his interviews and it's obvious he's kind of a dumb guy. There, no other way to say it. He gets an ignorant look in his eye just before a rant on how great he is. That's going to cost him.
      His elite athleticism hides a lot of his low ring IQ, SUCH AS WHEN HE DUCKS AND DODGES RIGHT INTO A PUNCH. You can see it when he looks at his opponent with disdain and his defense falls away for short stretches.

That dumb-azz aura that oozes from him will likely lead to bad choices outside of the ring as well. Seems to take instructions in the corner very well and is patient. So I hope I've misjudged him a bit and he goes on to huge successes.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        He'll be lucky if the don't have to carry him out of the Hydro.
        I get that. He didn't look sizzling against Terry the Turbo and Josh could well give him kittens if they both prograis.. (see what I did there?)

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
          Nope, Regis. You're wrong. Mikey Garcia is Lineal Champion and will be THE MAN until he is defeated at 140lbs.

Also, Josh Taylor is winning the WBSS.
          mikey garcia is lineal champ at 140? from beating broner and lipinets? i didn't know that. congrats wow that was easy

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            mikey garcia is lineal champ at 140? from beating broner and lipinets? i didn't know that. congrats wow that was easy
            If 1 and 2 fight each other a champion is made. That's how boxing should be.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Somebody still has to be ranked #1. I'd say the winner of this tournament has that claim.
              If Prograis wins the tournament and whom ever wins that Hooker vs Ramirez fight could determine who's #1 but me personally would of loved for Mikey & Crawford stayed at 140 to test Prograis Ramirez and Hooker too solid fights tho

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Somebody still has to be ranked #1. I'd say the winner of this tournament has that claim.
                But the fact is, to be the best, a fighter has to be unified.

Comment

140 has produced some quality and exciting fights lately in the sport of Boxing, some of my recent favorite and memorable fights have come from this class : Ramirez vs. Orozco, Hooker vs. Saucedo, Prograis vs. Flanagan, Taylor vs. Postol, Baranchyk vs. Yigit

and much more top fives facing off soon, including unification and possibly a crowning of a lineal champion -- jr. welterweight is on fire!

Rooting for the American!

Comment

The winner of this WBSS is not quite the legit best at 140, but that's only because they didn't get full buy-in from the current champs. If Hooker and Ramirez had signed up then there would be no questions asked afterward, just like it was irrefutable that Usyk was the best CW after the last season of WBSS. I like Callum Smith as a boxer and am happy that he won last seasons 168 WBSS, but I can't say that he is without doubt the best at the weight, as they also didn't get full buy-in from the champs at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      140 has produced some quality and exciting fights lately in the sport of Boxing, some of my recent favorite and memorable fights have come from this class : Ramirez vs. Orozco, Hooker vs. Saucedo, Prograis vs. Flanagan, Taylor vs. Postol, Baranchyk vs. Yigit

and much more top fives facing off soon, including unification and possibly a crowning of a lineal champion -- jr. welterweight is on fire!

Rooting for the American!
                      Tut tut. Unlike you. Anyway, was Taylor that sizzling or was Martin just pisspoor?
                      Another cracking gif.

Comment

Working...
                      X