No announcement yet.

Congratulations to Usyk on a Great Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evets View Post
    I get what you are saying but I mean honestly - I think even being competitive in 2 rounds was exceeding many many peoples expectations (kinda depressing to type that out for A PPV undisputed title bout :/ ). Despite what some say this was really a no chance shot in the dark for anyone I spoke too and it was only Bellews immense confidence in fight week started to skew that. 3 weeks ago people I speak to about boxing locally were expecting a honest to god schooling, whitewash until corner stopped it but this week people were all of a sudden expecting an upset. I didn't think he would take a single round, not even the usually slow first rounds that people can steal.
    I get it. I think it was a good win by Usyk but he did what he was supposed to do. But sometimes doing that is a statement into itself of how highly people think of you.

I feel no different today than I did before this fight. I think Usyk is clearly one of the best in the game. I would like to see what he can do at HW because really there is no one I see at 200lbs or below who can challenge him.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
      I get it. I think it was a good win by Usyk but he did what he was supposed to do. But sometimes doing that is a statement into itself of how highly people think of you.

I feel no different today than I did before this fight. I think Usyk is clearly one of the best in the game. I would like to see what he can do at HW because really there is no one I see at 200lbs or below who can challenge him.
      I suspect you already have but if you haven't you can see him compete at HW before turning pro - although as faar as I'm aware they have a lower limit for HW and have SHW but ccould be wrong. He handled Joe Joyce and he is a big boy so I think he is comfortable at the weight and his work rate + angles would give anyone a hard night. Wilders probably the only one I wouldn't want to put him in the ring with if I was his management and it's mostly due to how unique he is (similar to Usyk and to a lesser degree Loma, no one should want to put their fighter with these guys as they are unique and hard to prepare for imo).

Comment

Working...
      X