No announcement yet.

This version of Joshua could beat Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This version of Joshua could beat Wilder

Joshua fixed most of the things I had against him. He used to be slow and sluggish with no mobility. His upper body movement was extremely painful as well.

He now looks like a completely different fighter. And the way he used his reach not only to keep Ruiz at distance, but to negate his lead and right hand was genius. Changing pad men was the best decision he could've ever made in his life too.

Pre-Ruiz Joshua had no chance, but this version definitely gives him a fight. Gained a lot of respect from me and possibly even a fan.

Go Joshua

He might. His fans and his team would be on pins and needles for the whole fight fearing the right hand of doom would erase it all in a blink.

Comment

I agree with you, good post.

He definitely has a better shot that Ortiz did.

I think Fury might be a bit more unpredictable and unorthodox with his movements, but Joshua has a better shot at hurting Wilder.

I’m really not sure who wins, but I’d be pulling for Joshua.

My prediction is Team Joshua waits out Wilder till he’s a bit faded, and then makes the fight when they have the best chance. Think Canelo v. GGG.

Comment

Can he go 12 rounds without being caught by Wilder?

Wilder isn’t a 300lbs bowling ball that has to get close to land punches.

Wilder’s range is still going to give him chances. It’s not like AJ was using unorthodox angles or anything. He was just keeping it long because he could but that’s not as easy against wilder

Comment

I don't see how this fight changes anything about predicting a Wilder fight. As always, Joshua would outclass Wilder for every single second of the fight. Problem is he would get hit, and he would get hit hard, and Wilder has made a very successful career out of getting outclassed and then ending it with a single punch.

Comment

he cant fight like that with Wilder

Comment

Don’t think he can move like that for 12 rounds vs Wilder. He looked almost scared of trading with Ruiz, understandably. He would be even more hesitant with Wilder.

Comment

Totally different fight to a Ruiz fight. Joshua dont like those shorter guys. If he fights Usyk the Ukranian will be a total nightmare for him. Wilder is a taller fighter so much more suited to Joshua. If Wilder gets you theres a good chance the fight ends there or soon after. I think it would be a struggle for Joshua to stay away from that right hand for 12 but its not impossible but if those 2 ever fought Wilder is sloppy enough to give AJ opportunities cuz everybody outboxes Wilder.

Comment

NO version of a Joshua beats Wilder.

Come back to reality

Comment

Joshua is more than capable of knocking Wilder out, he will fight that fight with calculated aggression and use his superior boxing ability, I think if he does, he'll make Wilder uncomfortable, eventually start getting him out of position, time him, hurt him, and knock him out...that is the strategy

But Wilder is like a coiled cobra, if Joshua makes mistakes himself and defensive lapses he'll be open to getting knocked out. It will be who executes on the night, despite popular belief I think it will be a low contact fight and lots of fainting and hesitation from both guys, until someone lands a bomb.

I dont think Wilder or any heavyweight would take the shots Ruiz took in both fights so dont expect Wilder to press the same way or Joshua to fight in the same defensive way

Comment

Working...
                    X