Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frampton/Martinez score at time of stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think there is a case for Kiko being up on the cards, i had it 77-75 Framps

Comment

I had Martinez up by 1 or 2 points. But I can't really argue with anyone who had it the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I had it 78-74 for Frampton. Some crazy scoring on boxingscene. Looks like flailing arms trumps clean punching for a lot of people on here.
        of course flailing is worth more. just check the calzaghe-hopkins threads.

Comment

Reading the RBR thread I thought I was going crazy having Frampton rather comfortably ahead.

Haven't had any time at all to rewatch but seems most agreed Frampton was winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Reading the RBR thread I thought I was going crazy having Frampton rather comfortably ahead.

Haven't had any time at all to rewatch but seems most agreed Frampton was winning.
            I had it 77-75 and it could have been wider, Framps was mustard. He looked better on re watching too once u knew how it was gonna play out. Watching live Kiko's pressure and intensity probably swung some people's cards a bit but realistically while it was a "fight" Carl was in control all the way, for the most part anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              I had it 77-75 and it could have been wider, Framps was mustard. He looked better on re watching too once u knew how it was gonna play out. Watching live Kiko's pressure and intensity probably swung some people's cards a bit but realistically while it was a "fight" Carl was in control all the way, for the most part anyway!
              I thought Frampton performs well but there were a few noticable holes I saw in his game.

His defence definitely needs improving. He sometimes backups with his hands down and that's a problem.

Under pressure he looks a little uncomfortable at times, it's normal because he's still green.

I didn't like how he was just touching him with little combinations at times, just non effective scoring punches. Unnecessarily using up energy.

On the flipside, his power is clearly legit. Good jab, good timing, solid skill set and he's still learning. He's only going to get better.

Showed he can take a good shot. Not even buzzed at any point and Kiko landed some hard hard shots.

Not as sold as I was after Molitor but good performance none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                of course flailing is worth more. just check the calzaghe-hopkins threads.
                You would be pretty funny if you didn't have this weird obsession with Calzaghe. You realise hes retired right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  You would be pretty funny if you didn't have this weird obsession with Calzaghe. You realise hes retired right?
                  well this was at least somewhat relevant to the topic. calzaghe flailed and missed and lots of people on here scored it for him based on that, yet when a guy does a similar thing against frampton it's frampton who's winning. actually martinez did much better than calzaghe against hopkins. martinez was catching frampton with some good shots to the head and body while calzaghe completely missed. whateves! i don't expect people to be consistent or know sh-it about boxing! only roger mayweather and I know sh-it about boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    well this was at least somewhat relevant to the topic. calzaghe flailed and missed and lots of people on here scored it for him based on that, yet when a guy does a similar thing against frampton it's frampton who's winning. actually martinez did much better than calzaghe against hopkins. martinez was catching frampton with some good shots to the head and body while calzaghe completely missed. whateves! i don't expect people to be consistent or know sh-it about boxing! only roger mayweather and I know sh-it about boxing!
                    Ok i take it back, you are funny even when posting about Calzaghe. But still seems like you take even the smallest opportunity to shoehorn him into threads when no one has mentioned Calzaghe or Hopkins.

Maybe you could apply to the mods to get your own 'Calzaghe is crap' sticky thread? Then you could talk about him all you want. Or maybe go to Wales and just stand around shouting at randomers about how Calzaghe cant throw a punch properly? I dunno im just riffing here

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Ok i take it back, you are funny even when posting about Calzaghe. But still seems like you take even the smallest opportunity to shoehorn him into threads when no one has mentioned Calzaghe or Hopkins.

Maybe you could apply to the mods to get your own 'Calzaghe is crap' sticky thread? Then you could talk about him all you want. Or maybe go to Wales and just stand around shouting at randomers about how Calzaghe cant throw a punch properly? I dunno im just riffing here
                      those are all great ideas...but i'm scared of flying and that's why i can't travel to wales maybe when calzaghe is 80 i will overcome my fear.

Comment

Working...
                      X