Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you respond to people saying boxing is fixed/rigged?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I know how you feel. I was discussing the Ortiz fight with my father while we were watching FNF and he still thinks there was foul play involved in the outcome. Mind you, he's a long time boxing fan who has seen far too many robberies so I couldn't just brush aside his argument, no matter how ridiculous it is. He ultimately agreed with my point that there were so many variables that led to the outcome of that fight for it to had been staged. Mainly I pointed to Ortiz trying to intentionally headbutt Mayweather as evidence that the fight could not be rigged, because why would Mayweather risk suffering a career-threatening injury (and a mega fight with Pacquiao) by letting himself be headbutted simply to justify sucker punching a guy that he was easily dominating.

Comment

My response is: "i know but at least they really punch each other unlike wwe."

Comment

Staged ? No. Fixed ? More often than people like to admit.

You want to see a fixed fight ? Tune in to see Tim Bradley lay down for the biggest pay day of his life and throw the fight against Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
          people in my fam and on facebook think that the past 4 mayweather fights were fixed. especially the ortiz fight. its annoying AF. how do you even respond to comments like that?
          Fighters fight but boxing is fixed by promoters paying off Judges just ask Marquez, Jose Luis Castillo, Delahoya, Ponce Deleon seems Mexican boxers are ripped off the most.

Comment

i can understand how some fights may be fixed by the judges and possibly the refs. but i cant see how they can think a marquez,de la hoya,mosley and ortiz fight can be fixed. they argue that mosley let mayweather off the hook after the big shot in the 2nd and didnt want to do anything afterwards
            No Roids ( EPO ) no gas

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
              Ask Lucas Matthyse.
              Ask glen johnson. Lol

Comment

Truth is you can't argue with casual fans, they are just to god damn dumb and ill-informed about the most beautiful sport ever conceived by mother earth.

Comment

we all know what happened to marquez and lara, etc etc

Comment

people in my fam and on facebook think that the past 4 mayweather fights were fixed. especially the ortiz fight. its annoying AF. how do you even respond to comments like that?
                    i dont argue with ppl who are mentally ******ed.

if i did all i would say something like.. "if you knew anything about boxing at all you would know thats not the case, so either watch the sport til you figure out how it works or just stfu and stop making a fool out of yourself".

Comment

"It isn't.............most of the time".

Comment

Working...
                      X