No announcement yet.

Arlovski Would Beat Brock...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
    Landing one punch doesn't mean he even has any boxing down. Throwing a right hand is pure text-book, which in a sense means basic, and saying that means Brock has at most basic boxing, which at this stage you still can't even say it has developed in that stage alone. I think a lot of us could point out the flaws in the way he threw that also.
    please describe the flaw in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
      LMFAO.

Brock? you're talking about the WWE wrestler right? Bro.

I realize most of you started watching MMA last night.

But seriously, get real. Arlovski would spark him the **** out.

(In my Mind) Most of you ride train like a boxing mentality.

You think everything is based off current "form"

That's not how MMA works. At all.

"Form" doesn't mean a goddamn thing in a real fight.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
      Last edited by Run; 09-06-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

All of Lesnar's 6 MMA fights.......................GTFO.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Massively swoops his right leg off to the side, leaving himself exposed and off-balance. His right foot was on it's toes, not the ball, by time the punch landed, diminishing any sort of force on the lower right hand side of his body that would have been transferred in rotation. This was all do to slagging his back foot to far back instead of keeping a balanced difference between his feet. He sat on the punch.... with his left side of his body, ha. Good instinct, but didn't pan out well. Also, he shot the punch from his hip. That's very questionable considering you expose yourself pretty bad and the positioning doesn't favor any sort of power. Let's not forget the positioning of his hands is pretty bad before, during, and after the punch. Didn't even give any sort of defense. The only thing that I was impressed with was how he PROPERLY rotated his shoulder behind the punch. And for whoever said he feinted a jab, that wasn't even worth a mention because it was more of a swipe. This is all just basic boxing form.

Comment

Originally Posted by BG_Knocc_Out
            Landing one punch doesn't mean he even has any boxing down. Throwing a right hand is pure text-book, which in a sense means basic, and saying that means Brock has at most basic boxing, which at this stage you still can't even say it has developed in that stage alone. I think a lot of us could point out the flaws in the way he threw that also.
            Originally Posted by RunW/Knives

LMFAO.

Brock? you're talking about the WWE wrestler right? Bro.

I realize most of you started watching MMA last night.

But seriously, get real. Arlovski would spark him the **** out.

(In my Mind) Most of you ride train like a boxing mentality.

You think everything is based off current "form"

That's not how MMA works. At all.

"Form" doesn't mean a goddamn thing in a real fight.
            Originally Posted by BG_Knocc_Out
            Massively swoops his right leg off to the side, leaving himself exposed and off-balance. His right foot was on it's toes, not the ball, by time the punch landed, diminishing any sort of force on the lower right hand side of his body that would have been transferred in rotation. This was all do to slagging his back foot to far back instead of keeping a balanced difference between his feet. He sat on the punch.... with his left side of his body, ha. Good instinct, but didn't pan out well. Also, he shot the punch from his hip. That's very questionable considering you expose yourself pretty bad and the positioning doesn't favor any sort of power. Let's not forget the positioning of his hands is pretty bad before, during, and after the punch. Didn't even give any sort of defense. The only thing that I was impressed with was how he PROPERLY rotated his shoulder behind the punch. And for whoever said he feinted a jab, that wasn't even worth a mention because it was more of a swipe. This is all just basic boxing form.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek

Comment

It's great how people always claim they were being tongue-in-cheek when someone's actually just being ignorant.

Comment

^^

Nevermind, I see your posts. I don't think they were responding to your posts though.

Comment

Carwin has much more powerr than AA, so I think it's unlikely he would knock Lesnar out.

Comment

asking a question doesnt imply ignorance.

i wanted to actually hear the answer. one guy copped out completely. played the wwe card, then played the "bandwagon" fan card.

the other guy answered and gotta admit, was a good answer.

ofc anyone who doesnt agree with the first guy only started watching MMA last and is probably a massive Brock Lesnar fan, and thought james toney would win

Comment

asking a question doesnt imply ignorance.

i wanted to actually hear the answer. one guy copped out completely. played the wwe card, then played the "bandwagon" fan card.

the other guy answered and gotta admit, was a good answer.

ofc anyone who doesnt agree with the first guy only started watching MMA last and is probably a massive Brock Lesnar fan, and thought james toney would win
                      I was just trying to say that people often misuse the phrase "tongue-in-cheek" to qualify their statements after they've been discredited. I thought he was misusing the phrase, but I got the posts mixed up.
                      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X