Collapse
No announcement yet.

I consider Haye Bellew a NO CONTEST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right - if this is a NC, then we'd have a whole bunch of historical results that need to be overturned.

Then, can you imagine every man and their dog pulling a hamstring to put an end to fights? Or the dreaded groin pull.

Nonetheless, you adjust Bellew's record as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
      Dammed if he does and Dammed if he doesn't.

Haye pulls out of fights with genuine injuries, he gets called a fraud.

He fights with an injury. People say he should have pulled out.

He fights half the fight with one-leg but people are suddenly medical experts saying his injury wasn't serious.

Haye's "problem" is his loud, arrogant personality so people refuse to give the guy any benefit of the doubt, although he has been very bitter and angry recently, so I understand why he's disliked.

However your body is your body, muscles and tendons breakdown, even if you're an arrogant prick at times.
      I like Haye,but if you enter the ring injured then you are to blame and honestly have robbed alot of your fans who bet money not knowing you were injured.

Comment

Bellews won but it was just haye accidentky injured himself so belles deserves win. Just didn't beat best of hate. Belles said don't make excuses but I think its OK too this time.

But hate does get nervous if fighters dfont fall at his feet when he lands. Haye needs to not panick. Not everyone he fights will have audkey or enzo chins

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          That's only if the injury is caused by something which is outside the rules of boxing, but not an intentional foul.

Eg, the first fight between BHop and Dawson was ruled a NC because BHop dislocated his shoulder by falling after being lifted off his feet by Dawson, which was against the rules. (If Dawson had lifted BHop and chucked him down deliberately, he would have been DQ'd)

But when Vitali retired after dislocating his shoulder against Byrd, that wasn't a NC because nothing outside the rules occurred to cause the injury.

Nothing outside the rules occurred to cause Haye's injury either, so no NC could have been declared.
          That's a fair point but the rule is wildly open to interpretation because it states, "cricumstances outside of the fighters control" and what happened to Haye perfetcly fits into that. It could also have been called a technical draw or consideirng 4 rounds had been completed and Haye suffered that freak accident, they could have gone to the cards.

It was odd that the ref let it continue as an ordinary fight, which it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
            You think I'm supporting this ****?

No way would a scouser defend a ****ney against one of their own.

You've exposed yourself here, mate.

Comment

All fights that end in injury are L's. Unless the injury was caused by a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                That's a fair point but the rule is wildly open to interpretation because it states, "cricumstances outside of the fighters control" and what happened to Haye perfetcly fits into that. It could also have been called a technical draw or consideirng 4 rounds had been completed and Haye suffered that freak accident, they could have gone to the cards.

It was odd that the ref let it continue as an ordinary fight, which it wasn't.
                Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                All fights that end in injury are L's. Unless the injury was caused by a foul.
                There have been numerous examples of fighters injuring themselves just by moving around the ring, or swinging and missing. I've never seen or heard of any that were ruled NC or technical draw, unless there was some infringement of the rules.

What happened to Haye was "within his control" because he was moving of his own volition .. he wasn't pushed, tripped or wrestled over.

If there had been water on the canvas - as when Kovalev twice slipped in the rematch with Pascal - then he might have claimed "circumstances beyond his control"

As it was doe, he wouldn't have had a leg to stand on with a claim like that, lol.
                Last edited by kafkod; 03-06-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I can't believe some people in this thread are actually thinking that an injury causes a No Contest in boxing. Did you just start watching the sport? There have been innumerable cases where boxers injured themselves throwing a punch and a shoulder pops out or moving around and their ankle gets twisted or a knee buckles and those are losses if they cannot continue. You don't get a gentleman's No Contest because your body let you down, you lose.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                    your opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

But I know what you mean Haye started the fight injured and scammed the fight fans again.
                    Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Third L of his career I'm afraid. Hopefully Bellew has retired him, I think we've all had quite enough of him.
                    Solid posts.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      I agree with you. However Haye is an idiot because, while he sold the fight, he put himself in a situation where he could not perform. There is something to be said for being a man of your word... Haye demonstrated why this is part of our social contract.

With that said he was indeed in a pickle and he would have probably gotten more sympathy if he sold the fight and then stopped with the threats.
                      I've never seen Haye come across so bitter and angry. Outside the ring he is an intelligent switched on guy but this selling of the fight, the persona he adopts - no wonder everyone dislikes the guy.

Make yourself look stupid, angry and bitter, just to sell tickets. This only works if you win.

Comment

Working...
                      X