Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Lomachenko had turned pro sooner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Lomachenko had turned pro sooner?

Lomachenko had 397 amateur fights, surely his development plateaued at some point, when could have he have turned pro and still been able to compete at an elite level immediately and who would he have fought/what would his status be now? Thoughts?

It won't matter-Sometimes staying in the amateurs longer is better because you can perfect your craft and take WAY less damage.

He's already avoided like the black plague. He beats anyone at 135-140--It will be GGG all over again. "he's overrated and very beatable" said by the same people that WILL not fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      It won't matter-Sometimes staying in the amateurs longer is better because you can perfect your craft and take WAY less damage.

He's already avoided like the black plague. He beats anyone at 135-140--It will be GGG all over again. "he's overrated and very beatable" said by the same people that WILL not fight him.
      He wont be like GGG. He already got GRJ, Salido, and Walters in the ring. Good names and all good fighters. He also isnt dishing out career altering beatings with freakishly heavy hands. He's already as known as GGG and probably getting more recognition too as this genius.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        He wont be like GGG. He already got GRJ, Salido, and Walters in the ring. Good names and all good fighters. He also isnt dishing out career altering beatings with freakishly heavy hands. He's already as known as GGG and probably getting more recognition too as this genius.
        Had walters chose to continue it could have morphed into a bad beating

Comment

He fought more competitive fights in the amateurs but tbh what can he do in the pro's? Not much, he seems to be like Rigondeaux where he's just in a different league to the guys around his weight.

Comment

He probably would've had a more traditional pro career (first 15-20 fights against randoms and then go from there) instead of his fast rise to championship level

Comment

He would have one less world championship and one less gold medal, and would have been top of the p4p list for the last 18 months.

Comment

I think Lomachenko can still improve as a fighter despite his long amateur career, what I would like to see from him and from all these soviet fighters is how they deal with the roughhousing and the tricks of the trade of veteran pros like the Salidos of the world for example, that's why I would love to see the rematch, that's what can tell us if Lomachenko really improved as a pro or not since that fight, he beat Walters and Gary Russel using the same stuff he used in the amateurs, hit and not get hit, punch for punch boxing, he didn't have to deal with tricky/ ugly pro stuff. Right now he's still athletic enough with great stamina to keep using his speed and footwork for 12 rounds in a high paced fight, but when he gets older he's gonna need to learn how pace himself and how to take breaks.

Comment

He would have got raped even worse by Salido.

He still has salido problems.

Comment

Loma has one career that I wouldn't ask "what if" I am just sitting back and watching history being written. And as a boxing fan I am marveled by every second of it. To not respect Loma you are simply NOT A FAN OF THE SPORT

IG: Lopez_Boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X