No announcement yet.

The only Pound for Pound fighter Loma could face is Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only Pound for Pound fighter Loma could face is Rigondeaux

Salido, Russell, Linares, Gamboa, Crolla, Vargas and Garcia are not pound for pound fighters. He's got to go to 140 or 147 to face either Crawford or Pacquaio so he could have a pound for pound fighter on his resume.

He said he's not going higher than 135.

So besides Rigondeaux, there is nobody else he could fight that is a pound for pound fighter.

Sure he could beat Salido, Russell, Gamboa, Linares and Vargas but who are we kidding these guys are kind of past it and they will not be in the PFP list of anybody I don't think.

Loma's still got better resume than GGG though.

Is this guy going to be televised anytime soon?

He should move up to 126 or 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      Is this guy going to be televised anytime soon?

He should move up to 126 or 130.
      It don't matter, Loma ain't gonna draw with any fighter on that list, at least with a fight with Rigondeaux he faces a pound for pound fighter that he can't face going up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        It don't matter, Loma ain't gonna draw with any fighter on that list, at least with a fight with Rigondeaux he faces a pound for pound fighter that he can't face going up in weight.

What network would they fight on though? Can Rigo fight on HBO or would Bob Arum have to do one of those Top Rank ppv things?

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          What network would they fight on though? Can Rigo fight on HBO or would Bob Arum have to do one of those Top Rank ppv things?
          Loma has to recognize that in order to achieve greatness he has to go through Rigondeaux and force promoters and network into the fight. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Loma has to recognize that in order to achieve greatness he has to go through Rigondeaux and force promoters and network into the fight. Simple as that.

Sounds simple enough.

Make it happen Loma.

Comment

Sadly, I don't think either guy is really going to pursue this fight. I'd love to see Rigo go after this in social media and keep asking for it. Appeal to Loma's ego. Don't let up.
              This fight would really be special in the sense that it's two of the fastest on the planet. One very calculated and measured, the other favoring combinations and extremely high output.

Comment

I'd love to see it the speed, the precision, the skill level would be utterly insane but the size difference makes me a bit iffy on this one. I don't think people quite realise just how much bigger Lomachenko is I mean he was surprisingly every bit as big as Walters & seemed the stronger of the two.

Donaire dwarfed Rigo, Walters dwarfed Donaire who is around the same size as Lomachenko to try put it into some sort of perspective.

I don't know where I stand on this one. Loma could well have 15lbs on him on fight night and that is a tremendous size disparity especially in the lower weights where even as little as a few lbs can make all the difference.

One guy is tiny for his division the other is at least a good sized fighter at his weight two full weight classes north.
                As brilliant as Rigo is even he has limits.

Comment

You sure want this fight to happen for some odd reason. It's like the 10th thread you made this past week about this fight. I don't even think rigo is ranked p4p and I think mikey Garcia have a better shot at being ranked p4p than rigo right now. Why do you keep insisting Loma fight someone two weight division down that's small at that division?

Comment

He can face PAC at 140.

Comment

Working...
                    X