Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMH... James Watson selling Nobel Prize.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
    Science is the field where it's most important to keep politics, beliefs, everything out of.

There shouldn't be one single fact we're afraid of knowing.
    True, in my case as much as my rudimentary attention span can tolerate in addition to my willingness to decipher intelligent claims.

Let me state that when you shorten your posts and make brief, concise points: lol I usually agree.

In this case most definitely.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      this guys believes your IQ is directly related to your race, he says black people have smaller brains or sometshit like that lol.
      Well, based on everythng we have studied, there is a relation to race and intelligence.

Most likely, social factors and upbringing play a larger part n your intelligence, but your race almost certainly plays a role based on what we have found out about genetics.

There's clearly some sort of genetic lnk when it comes to sports, and race. Nobody has a problem admittng that. But when it comes to intelligence, despite all the evidence, people want to be blind.

Even though poor asians outperform rich whites, and poor whites ourperform rich blacks on standardized testing/IQ testing, there is still most likely a social, aka ¨Nurture¨ component that accounts for at least 50% of one's intelligence.

Comment

Well, based on everythng we have studied, there is a relation to race and intelligence.

Most likely, social factors and upbringing play a larger part n your intelligence, but your race almost certainly plays a role based on what we have found out about genetics.

There's clearly some sort of genetic lnk when it comes to sports, and race. Nobody has a problem admittng that. But when it comes to intelligence, despite all the evidence, people want to be blind.

Even though poor asians outperform rich whites, and poor whites ourperform rich blacks on standardized testing/IQ testing, there is still most likely a social, aka ¨Nurture¨ component that accounts for at least 50% of one's intelligence.
        More like 25%... intelligence is around 75% genetic.

And yeah it's funny people will say how blacks are more athletic and no one bats an eyelid but mention IQ and all hell breaks loose

Comment

interesting point of view. yeah no one has problem acknowledging that blacks are better suited for for chasings a ball around and throwing it etc etc then others.
          Last edited by Daylyt; 11-28-2014, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Run View Post
            True, in my case as much as my rudimentary attention span can tolerate in addition to my willingness to decipher intelligent claims.

Let me state that when you shorten your posts and make brief, concise points: lol I usually agree.

In this case most definitely.
            Heh yeah I sometimes have a hard time condensing the points I want to make. I'm fairly new to posting on forums, so I'm getting the hang of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              More like 25%... intelligence is around 75% genetic.

And yeah it's funny people will say how blacks are more athletic and no one bats an eyelid but mention IQ and all hell breaks loose
              Yeah, it's probably closer to that percentage.

I don't understand what the big issue is with it. It doesn't mean that every single asian is smarter than every single white or black. It just deals with group averages. It doesn't take anything away from the fact that Dr. Degrasse Tyson, who is black, is a brilliant man, who is well smarter than 99% of the population.

It simply helps to explain and help us understand how genetics plays a role in certain population groups (the more politically correct term for race). It can help us understand evolution, genetic drift of population groups that were isolated.

It already plays a role in the medical, and anthropological field. There are certain medicines and diseases that are almost exclusive to one race. And the differences between skull shape can help a scientist determine that person's race.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                interesting point of view. yeah no one has problem acknowledging that blacks are better suited for for chasings a ball around and throwing it etc etc then others.
                Yeah, I mean it's not just intelligence (although that is what the PC wanted to focus on).

There's a whole host of issues that deal with genetics, and race.

And like I said earlier, it doesn't mean that ¨all one race is smarter, faster, etc.¨ than the other - it simply reflects on group averages. Meaning if you measured 1000 people from each race, you would be able to group them based on the average results.

Comment

He told the newspaper people wanted to believe that everyone was born with equal intelligence but that those 'who have to deal with black employees find this not true'.

And there are people in this thread defending this guy? COME ON. The guys science has nothing to do with the fact that people don't want him lecturing at their universities.

If you have the balls go on record saying **** like that, you should have the balls to face the consequences.

Comment

Working...
                  X