Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Lennox Lewis have enjoyed more support had he dropped the fake Brit act?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't being a fake Brit because he was an actual Brit. He was born and raised in London England until he was 12. He then went to Canada, but represented his true country when he turned professional.

Comment

British people didn't hear a British accent. It was Americans who heard that and had him posing with the cup of tea. So it was tough for us to consider him a British fighter.

I supported him because he was great.

If he considers himself British then good on him. I'm sure, though, that he's got divided loyalties as any dual citizen will tell you.

Comment

His lack of being liked had nothing toi do with nothing but his style at the time which was what was THOUGHT a watered down era ( what else is new in every era ? ) and most thought he was a boring fighter ,unless you were around and had ADULT brain please don't have a response here.

His arrogant attitude was also disliked so that ddidnt help,the difference between AJ and Lewis is being likeable....maybe Lewis would be different in an Social media era ,maybe not ?

Me personally , I was a HUGE fan of Lewis ,even was in the same training center at times and he was an awesome gentleman who took pics with everyone ( in the poconos around 90's ) ......

now? Well ppl change and sometimes the worst comes out in guys whos time have past.

AJ is miles ahead of Lewis in the perception of what a champion SHOULD be ,and his first L may be another Lewis comeback story ?

Those who were there know most wrote him off, I was one bc I though Tyson would chin him up until I saw he got by Morrison and a few others.

Easy to kick a guy when hes down and true is, would Lewis actually say the same things to AJ's face like most on here wouldn't to CERTAIN posters right ? lol

In fact id really like to know billeau2 opinion on this to what I just said on here bc I know hes not a fake and may have another view than I had ?
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-09-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          He has dual cituzenship. Canadian and British.
          He has Jamaican and American too. I know you're desperate for a fighter to claim, but try attaching yourselves to one that actually wants to be Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by sentax View Post
            That's what I'm thinking. Seeing how much Canadians have been getting behind the Toronto Raptors in the NBA finals shows that when they back someone they go all out.

Hell look at George St. Pierre in the UFC his fight in Toronto still has the UFC attendance record I believe.

It's sad he turned his back on a country that would have had his back for a country that never did.
            Geez how Could I forget GSP????? Prime example. Think about this Canada went ape ***** over Ben Johnson as the fastest man in the world. You couldn't understand what the man said when he talked, he had the personality of a pea and we went crazy during the world championships and the olympics in 1987 and 88. He was our hero and he was not a typical Canadian like Lennox Lewis was. Lewis could have been Canada's Anthony Joshua.

Comment

- -Lewie majorly insecure like Holmes, hence their bitterness that other fighters more beloved than they.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                He has Jamaican and American too. I know you're desperate for a fighter to claim, but try attaching yourselves to one that actually wants to be Canadian.
                I'm not desperate but he's a Canadian and was trained how to fight here not in the UK. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  I'm not desperate but he's a Canadian and was trained how to fight here not in the UK. That's a fact.
                  He's as much Canadian as he is American, he's more American in fact because he's lived their longer.

Manny Steward made him the great fighter he was.

Lewis decided what nationality he is and he chose Britain.

Go find a canadian to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    He's as much Canadian as he is American, he's more American in fact because he's lived their longer.

Manny Steward made him the great fighter he was.

Lewis decided what nationality he is and he chose Britain.

Go find a canadian to be proud of.
                    - -George Chuvalo, the end...

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
                      That weak chin keeps him from greatest category.Lennex was a damn good fighter and I was a fan.
                      You can never call any heavweight, who fought that many fighters of that very high caliber, and was only put down twice, a weak chinned heavyweight. All great heavyweights tasted the canvas, it's the most dangerous division in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X