Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder in talks with DAZN, meeting John Skipper next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime is suddenly looking quite vulnerable. I have to admit I didn't take it seriously when Arum and Hearn predicted them going the way of HBO so soon

Comment

boxing and its ebbs and flows

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post

Wilder needs to jump on this deal. Making less money and having to fight on Showtime PPV which will flop and embarrass Wilder makes no sense. DAZN willing to pay more for this fight, it won't be PPV and you have a guarantee to fight Joshua for huge money after it. Lou already has co-promotional deals with fighters on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          LOL, also Wilder is being petty not wanting Hearn involved here. Wants a direct face to face with Skipper instead. Fair play, but the man really does hate Hearn, huh?
          He’s being petty but we know wilder has an inflated idea of his self worth. He’s seen Canelo and now ggg do a deal forest with dazn without hearns involvement and I’m sure he wants more of the same. Dazn would be perfect for wilder. Someone who can pay him big money without him having to sell a lot of ppvs off his own back.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            LOL, also Wilder is being petty not wanting Hearn involved here. Wants a direct face to face with Skipper instead. Fair play, but the man really does hate Hearn, huh?
            LOL, I could see him hating Hearn tbh. He needs that protection though, same with Golovkin, that comes with signing directly with DAZN. Any kind of **** can be pulled when your on another promoters card, higher pulling guys have the right to have stuff on their own terms.

This Lou thing is worth talking about. Think Barbosa said he was getting less and less involved with PBC activities. Not many of his guys fight on PBC cards anymore. Maybe he gets some dates out of this now aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              LOL, I could see him hating Hearn tbh. He needs that protection though, same with Golovkin, that comes with signing directly with DAZN. Any kind of **** can be pulled when your on another promoters card, higher pulling guys have the right to have stuff on their own terms.

This Lou thing is worth talking about. Think Barbosa said he was getting less and less involved with PBC activities. Not many of his guys fight on PBC cards anymore. Maybe he gets some dates out of this now aswell
              Lou has always done business with any network that makes sense for his fighters. He will take someone to ESPN/DAZN/SHO/etc. Doesn't care where, as long as it makes good money for his fighters.

Comment

DAZN having to come in and make all these deals directly with fighters and promoters because Hearn couldn't get the guys to sign with him. So much for exclusive deal and if you want to get on DAZN you have to sign with Matchroom and sign with hearn. Canelo got his own deal, Golden Boy got their own deal. GGG has got his own deal for himself and 2 fights a year starting next year for his own promotion. Deals directly with DAZN not under Matchroom. Top Rank forcing Wilder to sign with Top Rank or sign co-promotional deals.

If Wilder can do what Canelo, Golden Boy and GGG did and get his own deal directly with DAZN meaning he can still use his own promoters for his fights he should jump on that ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  DiBella and Haymon are doing the right thing here. DAZN are really going to open their wallets if it means they get Joshua-Wilder on their platform.
                  criss out Haymon from that statement. He doesn’t want wilder to go there. He doesn’t have a choice. Wilders managers have the final day along with wilder himself.

Haymon has multimillion dollar tv contracts to fulfill at fox and showtime.

Wilder leaving would cost showtime several millions and could start a ripple effect. If wilder leaves it’s much easier for Jermall Charlo and Dominic Breazeale to follow suite and further deplete the pbc shows.

Haymon didn’t want Alvarez Beterbiev Khan Vargas etc to go either.

Comment

The penny finally dropped?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      Showtime is suddenly looking quite vulnerable. I have to admit I didn't take it seriously when Arum and Hearn predicted them going the way of HBO so soon
                      Showtime boxing is in a bad spot. Haymon took half his fighters to Fox and if Wilder goes to DAZN that will be a big blow. Stephen Espinoza must be really feeling the heat from his bosses.
                      Last edited by pillowfists98; 03-08-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X