No announcement yet.

WBSS still in financial trouble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBSS still in financial trouble

Arum should put it on ESPN , but the winner must agree to fight one of his champion from his stable

Comment

Ryan Martin expects to get paid after doing nothing in the ring. Kalle should tell him to fuk off lol

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Ryan Martin expects to get paid after doing nothing in the ring. Kalle should tell him to fuk off lol
        Lol. Too bad it doesn't work that way, man. Martin wasted his damn time even entering.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          Maybe You don't get paid in WBSS if You fail a drug test?
          He failed after the fight, right?

Comment

Ryan Martin should fuk off...

He shows up for a check and failed a PED test. Fkn crybaby cheater

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              http://fightnights.com/2018/12/19/43...t-attacks-espn

Appears to be post fight testing or at least certainly connected to the fight. Unsurprisingly I can't find any detail on the fighter contracts, but it's not impossible that there is stipulations regarding the withholding of payment.

Comment

Appears to be post fight testing or at least certainly connected to the fight. Unsurprisingly I can't find any detail on the fighter contracts, but it's not impossible that there is stipulations regarding the withholding of payment.

But it's strange because the failed test showed up considerably after he would have expected to be paid I think.. you were the guy who broke the story here weren't you MCC? And something about Martin messaging BigPoppa if I recall... when was that?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

But it's strange because the failed test showed up considerably after he would have expected to be paid I think.. you were the guy who broke the story here weren't you MCC? And something about Martin messaging BigPoppa if I recall... when was that?
                  I think he was messaging him about his money. A couple weeks later Coppinger broke the story.

I think he failed as part of the WBC CBP. Not any fight testing. He said if he was a dirty fighter why would he sign up for testing.

And i think the commission determines the fines. He shouldve been paid right after the fight is it were in the U.S

Comment

I think he was messaging him about his money. A couple weeks later Coppinger broke the story.

I think he failed as part of the WBC CBP. Not any fight testing. He said if he was a dirty fighter why would he sign up for testing.

And i think the commission determines the fines. He shouldve been paid right after the fight is it were in the U.S
                    That's what I'm trying to understand. The story I linked kinda makes it sound like the testing was part of the WBSS but other reports don't specify... either way a fight for the WBC Silver would of necessity at the very least require in-competition testing under the CBP so that makes most sense.

In any event the payment should have been forthcoming before the failed test broke I would have thought, although it has been mentioned in a number of reports that the payment schedule for the WBSS is a little irregular depending on the submission of expenses etc.

EDIT: Other thing I ain't sure about is that serveral stories have mentioned that 'some' participants in the WBSS haven't been paid, yet the only name I can pin down is Martin's - has your delving revealed anything about other fighters that haven't been paid, or is all this regarding the Martin case? Apologies if it's been reported somewhere obvious, but I must have missed it if it has.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-26-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X