No announcement yet.

Senate Votes On Cutting Our Taxes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
    What, you want a simple answer. YOUR TAXES ARE GETTING CUT. STOP DRINKING THE CNN KOOL AID.
    Who is paying for the loss in government revenue?

You're the one drinking Breitbart koolaid.....

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post

You know it's a good bill if Feinstein is worried that it'll hurt the rich.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/17/po...arms-the-rich/

http://americanlookout.com/californi...urts-the-rich/

Comment

So you think the federal government has a revenue problem?

Not a spending problem, but a revenue problem?

That’s what you believe?

Breakdown how the government spends wisely but just doesn’t have enough revenue

What’s your budget look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          So you think the federal government has a revenue problem?

Not a spending problem, but a revenue problem?

That’s what you believe?

Breakdown how the government spends wisely but just doesn’t have enough revenue

What’s your budget look like?
          ...?

My issue is who is footing the bill. Pardon my bad phrasing.. Government spending is staying the same yet the revenue will be decreasing. Why is the number -1.5T being thrown around for this bill? Who is paying for it?

You can run a surplus by either raising taxes or by cutting spending.
          Cutting taxes & doing nothing about the spending isn't going to miraculously fix the debt problem.

Comment

...?

My issue is who is footing the bill. Pardon my bad phrasing.. Government spending is staying the same yet the revenue will be decreasing. Why is the number -1.5T being thrown around for this bill? Who is paying for it?

You can run a surplus by either raising taxes or by cutting spending.
            Cutting taxes & doing nothing about the spending isn't going to miraculously fix the debt problem.

Actually government spending isn’t the same..

It was roughly 3.4 trillion

It’s now north of 4 trillion

I could run the whole country on 2 trillion

You could cut taxes by 40% across the board and still have a great government

State should get 10%
            Local 5%
            Fed 5%
            20% of everyone’s money would/should be more than enough..

Trumps tax plan is fine, the problem is his spending is on par with obama.. obama racked up north of 9 trillion in debt, and national debt went up 100%. Trump is on pace for about 8.5 trillion in debt if he stays all 8 years.

The federal government spends way too much, on too many stupid and worthless things..

Even with trumps tax cuts, the taxes are too high in this country.

Taxes and the tax system in general desperately needs to be overhauled in a major and dramatic way.

The average person can’t even comprehend their own tax codes without a paid expert.

I got no problem with taxes and government but ours in the current form is a tragedy/criminal

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Actually government spending isn’t the same..

It was roughly 3.4 trillion

It’s now north of 4 trillion

I could run the whole country on 2 trillion

You could cut taxes by 40% across the board and still have a great government

State should get 10%
              Local 5%
              Fed 5%
              20% of everyone’s money would/should be more than enough..

Trumps tax plan is fine, the problem is his spending is on par with obama.. obama racked up north of 9 trillion in debt, and national debt went up 100%. Trump is on pace for about 8.5 trillion in debt if he stays all 8 years.

The federal government spends way too much, on too many stupid and worthless things..

Even with trumps tax cuts, the taxes are too high in this country.

Taxes and the tax system in general desperately needs to be overhauled in a major and dramatic way.

The average person can’t even comprehend their own tax codes without a paid expert.

I got no problem with taxes and government but ours in the current form is a tragedy/criminal
              Would you be for a flat tax? A simple 10-page (hyperbole) tax code?

My issue with taxes is pretty evidenced by taking a short read of the Panama & Paradise papers.

Comment

Would you be for a flat tax? A simple 10-page (hyperbole) tax code?

My issue with taxes is pretty evidenced by taking a short read of the Panama & Paradise papers.
                Yes a flat tax, with maybe some minor taxes..

Just off the top of my head
                3% federal sales tax on everything basic

6% on luxuary items, private planes, 2nd home, etc

Social security 5% on EVERYONES PAYCHECK, not just those making less than 250k a year, employers match the 5%.. it’s goes into a lockbox fund and can only be used for social security payments and not used for general fund purposes

Corporate tax of 10%
                Corporate tax of 3% if company has 90% manufacturing here
                Have corporations under regulation bodies like sec, fda, etc pay a 1 million dollar license fee every year.. that’s a few billion every year that can fund the regulation bodies.

People should have the right to one retirement account where the money isn’t locked up till your 65, but you don’t pay taxes on it at all.. you can put as much 33% of yearly income into it.. so if you made 100k and out 33k away, you pay taxes on the 77k remaining. And when that money gets withdrawn after the age of 65 it has no taxes. If someone dies, 50% of account balance goes to federal government.

Have across the board a 5% federal income tax..

No deductions, no loopholes, nothing..

Yearly income minus retirement savings is taxed at 5%

3% sales tax on basic goods

6% sales tax on luxury goods

Corporate tax rate either 10% or 3% depending on manufacturing jobs

Jobs, growth, savings, would be booming and the government would have more money than they do now.

Comment

Like you give a ****. And to answer your question no one.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    Like you give a ****. And to answer your question no one.
                    I am majoring in Political Science & I'm likely to pursue my masters in it as well....
                    Maybe not the economic side, but more likely the international side.

Why would I not give a **** about the economic status of the country I permanently reside in though¿ Stupid assumptions.

Comment

I am majoring in Political Science & I'm likely to pursue my masters in it as well....
                      Maybe not the economic side, but more likely the international side.

Why would I not give a **** about the economic status of the country I permanently reside in though¿ Stupid assumptions.

How old are you 20? and identify as a Democrat? Democrats doubled America's debt in the past 8 years, I don't want to hear about the deficit, spending, or none of that. It's just a bull**** talking point because you can't really find any anything wrong with this bill.

Comment

Working...
                      X