Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark my words, GGG will be robbed against Canelo. Full story here.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy do they switch tunes once the fight is upon them. Way 2 hedge your bet

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think thats kinda my outlook on it although I'm not fully sold on GGG being robbed to lose. Although if there is a robbery it'll for sure be GGG looking around wondering wtf just happened after the fight.

I think GGG has shown apprehension or had small issues with guys with power (Lemieux) & crafty guys (Monroe for a few rounds) & I think Canelo gots both of those things. I don't think Canelo gots GGG power or anything, but he gots enough power to keep GGG honest. Plus the craftiness of Canelo will insure he never really gets put into too bad of a position to get stopped.

I feel Canelo takes an early lead being careful & smart & he'll get every close round on the judges cards probably. I've been saying Canelo has the best chance to beat GGG of anyone while still favoring GGG, but I think now that the fight is upon us & the reality that this fight could happen next year that I've switched over to Canelo as my favorite here. Plus as TS brought up & as I'm in agreement with GGG is gonna need to win 9-3 on fans cards to win a 7-5 decision on the official judges cards.

So between the legit issues Canelo brings to GGG & the scoring bias judges have shown towards Canelo I think Canelo gots to be the pick here. If GGG wins he's gonna have to box better than I've seen him box on a Mayweather type near 12-0 level or he's gonna need to KTFO of Canelo & while not impossible I just see Canelo winning being the more likely outcome.
      Thanks for your opinion man, I see we can agree on many things. They should bump this thread in the minute they give Canelo the SD or something.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Not so confident in your hero anymore, so you're making pre-emptive excuses?
        LOL. Exactly. When the big boys come knocking...all the sudden "GGG getting robbed doe." Not, "GGG gonna knock him out doe."

The days of beating on scrubs and gloating are OVER. Time has caught up to GGG. It's time now. The beating will commense. After Canelo has his way with him, GGG will go back to kbockig out cans in Monacco.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          We wanted to fight Cotto at 156 so no one believes he will actually preassure for 155. His last offer will be 157, just like ODLH did when he moved to MW. But since GGG is his mandatory I think he will have to sign it at 158.

"If he wants to fight with me, let him come down to 155 and I'll fight him whatever day he wants."

"At this moment, my body isn't ready for 160 pounds. Maybe 1 or 2 more years I'll be ready for 160, I don't know, but I'd be delighted to fight someone like Gennady. He's a great fighter and I think it would be a great fight. I'd be delighted to get him in a fight."

^^^Canelo's words

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/2...bs-boxing-news

"We are ready to fight anyone at 155 pounds. We are very comfortable at this weight. If he wants to come to this weight we will fight anybody."

^^^Canelo's trainers words.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelos-t...l-fight--98564

Canelo's not fighting GGG above 155 pounds bruh.
          Last edited by BOXEO _; 12-17-2015, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            LOL. Exactly. When the big boys come knocking...all the sudden "GGG getting robbed doe." Not, "GGG gonna knock him out doe."

The days of beating on scrubs and gloating are OVER. Time has caught up to GGG. It's time now. The beating will commense. After Canelo has his way with him, GGG will go back to kbockig out cans in Monacco.
            It's an absolute joke.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Sounds like a pre-emptive excuse to anyone with half a brain cell. Wasn't GGG going to KO Canelo?
              Fighting at the full 160 limit as they should (which I dont think it will happen) yes, GGG destroys Canelo sooner or later. I don't think late KO or at least one or two counts, that's what I predict. But since they will weaken GGG it will be closer.

Comment

The Golovkids wanted to work the "Canelo is ducking angle" so badly. Now that they know that is, and was never the case the panic has set in.

Its like when the *******s we using the Floyd ducking angle.

News flash, no one has EVER ducked GGG. Yes just never been a factor until last year, geeks. :blow:

Comment

First fact: GGG vs Canelo will be pacted at a weight around 158.
                  Second fact: GGG will weight on fight night 167, and Canelo 180.
                  Third fact: GGG won't be able to KO Canelo mostly due to weight difference, and will win 7 or 8 rounds. 8-4 or 7-5 at the end.
                  Fourth fact: Canelo will be given a 115-113 decision.
                  Fifth fact: Rematch will happen only if the PPV's are above 1 million. If not, it won't happen.
                  Sixth fact: GGG will then win one last belt at 160, maybe WBO belt, and move up or wait until Canelo fights him again later or lose the belts and he can fight for the belts at the 160 limit.

Mods, don't delete this thread, bump it on september 2016. Thank you.
                  Who are you Rafael Benitez? When you say "fact" you mean your opinion.

Even if they fought at a catchweight of 158 GGG would not be 167. I am sure he would be at 170-172 like he is most of his fights. I think it will be a close fight to be honest. I have read that the sparring sessions between these two were extremely competitive. I think a lot will ride on how well Canelo takes GGG's power and how well GGG can handle Canelo's hand speed. GGG showed us something different against Lemieux and I think staying behind a long jab might serve him well in this fight also. With that said I think stylistically GGG has a few more tools to win the fight...just. But there isn't a lot between them.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                    "If he wants to fight with me, let him come down to 155 and I'll fight him whatever day he wants."

"At this moment, my body isn't ready for 160 pounds. Maybe 1 or 2 more years I'll be ready for 160, I don't know, but I'd be delighted to fight someone like Gennady. He's a great fighter and I think it would be a great fight. I'd be delighted to get him in a fight."

^^^Canelo's words

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/2...bs-boxing-news

"We are ready to fight anyone at 155 pounds. We are very comfortable at this weight. If he wants to come to this weight we will fight anybody."

^^^Canelo's trainers words.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelos-t...l-fight--98564

Canelo's not fighting GGG above 155 pounds bruh.
                    Just negotiations strategy by Canelo, I thought you had a brain. Canelo said he wanted 156 for the Cotto fight, and Cotto forced him to 155 since Canelo wasn't mandatory. Source: http://bit.ly/1UF0zdu

GGG is mandatory so Canelo will have to give something. The public would critisize him if he demands 155. He knows he wouldn't be respected by anyone. Cotto is an special case since he was always a JMW, but Canelo is a MW and people realices it.

Comment

Just negotiations strategy by Canelo, I thought you had a brain. Canelo said he wanted 156 for the Cotto fight, and Cotto forced him to 155 since Canelo wasn't mandatory. Source: http://bit.ly/1UF0zdu

GGG is mandatory so Canelo will have to give something. The public would critisize him if he demands 155. He knows he wouldn't be respected by anyone. Cotto is an special case since he was always a JMW, but Canelo is a MW and people realices it.

Just cuz he wanted 156 for little Cotto doesn't mean he wants it for GGG, numbnuts. Canelo and his trainer already made this clear. It's 155 or no fight for GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X