Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else find it hard to hate ruiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t really hate any fighter, but if we are using hate metaphorically, then no, I don’t find it hard at all. The guy lies and is obviously lazy. He has natural talent, accompanied with quick hands and a solid chin, but that means nothing if you can’t come into the ring looking like Rikishi.

Comment

Originally posted by taskgoal;20244485[B
      ]Life is a long road of being humbled for everyone.

Ruiz was humbled big time the other night. Let's see if he learns from it.
      [/B]
      The fact that he got this far as an overweight boxer suggests that he has so much potential and can become much better if he got into shape. I want to see what he can do at a healthier body mass index.
      all this proves is that ruiz isn't a machine, let's see what he can do next time and we'll know if he learned something

Comment

You were angry at him for cashing out? Nah, he was in the right place at the right time in MSG and AJ clearly overlooked his skills beneath all the blubber.

Ruiz wasn't dedicated leading up the fight and I knew all along if AJ fought smart he wouldn't lose again.

Ruiz's time with the titles is up, he knows he created a new record of the first Mexican heritage HW champ and he doesn't seem to have the hunger anymore. He was busy buying rolls and flashy jewelry, shows you what he was aiming for.

Let's be honest no one gave him a chance the first fight, just because he won first time around it's less likely based on his attitude and focus that he'd do anything different.

Comment

I don't hate the guy.
          So what he didn't meet every one's expectations but no-one ever does.
          Ya gotta realize he seemed like a part-time boxer to begin with it's not like he ever thought he would be unified champion of the world.
          At least I don't think he did.
          I think he boxed just to get money to sell houses with his old man.

Comment

Nah, he's an idiot. I lost money and I don't really like Mexicans so...

This ****ing idiot was partying and **** Joshua was willing to die in there and prepared like crazy.

Comment

I find it hard to hate anyone these days it ain't worth the time or effort or cost on your soul.

I was disappointed however. Not even that I lost a little money even though I bet on both sides.

Mostly disappointed he didn't really seem to give it his all.

Comment

Actually you know what I can't forgive... he let down his people. Ruiz had all of Mexico behind him. He was representing his entire country and he spat on that responsibility.

That'a a damn shame. I just realized this now.

I had ****ed up like Ruiz before, but I would never let my people down like that, all those Mexican kids looking for a hero, every Mexican who was down looking for someone to believe in. Every Mexican looking for someone to be proud of.

Ruiz embarrassed them all. The first Mexican heavyweight champion... and instead of fighting for his people.. he threw it all away.

There's no excuse for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
                  I'm ****lng furious at the guy because I vouched for him, I believed in him and he lost me money...

At the same time I can't help but feel he's just human. I mean I've also ****ed up big time, I've also thrown away life changing opportunities because I didn't listen, and didn't do what I was supposed to do.. and I know exactly how it feels.

I kinda just feel sorry for the guy. Like he's my son or my brother or something.

I'm trying to be mad at him, but what's coming out is just... "i feel you bro, been there done that"
                  I am in your camp regarding my feelings... But what makes it so frustrating to me is that this kid has a family, a dad who taught him right from wrong, a trainer who mentored him...and he did not listen. So many talented fighters come up with no family to get their back, and being used as a means to an end by others, fighters like Tyson.

I also think the whole concept of who you represent with Ruiz is screwed up. I applaud him for identifying with Mexico but you need to acknowledge that, right, or wrong, you were given education, food, and raised in America. It was childish of Ruiz to create a schism that way and it backfired on him. Represent your fans, and represent your love for the game... that comes first. He put himself under a lot more pressure when he decided he was going to be a nationalist hero lol. You do that after you win a couple of times perhaps!

He is young and If my son was in this position I would of course be there for him. Kids do make mistakes, as you say. This whole situation was just so prolonged, was there no time to have a heart to heart and listen to your people Andy?

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
                    Actually you know what I can't forgive... he let down his people. Ruiz had all of Mexico behind him. He was representing his entire country and he spat on that responsibility.

That'a a damn shame. I just realized this now.

I had ****ed up like Ruiz before, but I would never let my people down like that, all those Mexican kids looking for a hero, every Mexican who was down looking for someone to believe in. Every Mexican looking for someone to be proud of.

Ruiz embarrassed them all. The first Mexican heavyweight champion... and instead of fighting for his people.. he threw it all away.

There's no excuse for that.
                    I posted about that issue. You take on too much when you decide prematurely that you are fighting for anything more than love of the game and your fans... When you become great there will be time for that commitment. Ruiz was not ready to make that commitment, not by a long shot.

Comment

I don't hate Andy. I'm disappointed in him, but lets face it, he was never a disciplined fighter. He was always fat and out of shape, and coming into overnight success with a windfall of money and being the HW champ was overwhelming. It's like he lost his hunger overnight, got caught up in the good life, spending his money like a drunken sailor and not training. Maybe he learned his lesson? We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                      X