No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Fires Back at Wilder Over Critical Joshua Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Don't tell me!... Now: while Fury had that "mattresses issue" with Wlad, you want me to believe that Fury dictated the ring size in that fight in Germany?...
    The size difference between Ruiz and Klitchko makes up for the ring size difference...

Comment

AJ fans bring up PPV numbers and say they sold "100k" when it was actually 275k just proves how biased they are.

I don't think all the Wilder fans can blame Ruiz' weight alone. AJ could've boxed like that against the June 1st version and probably pulled out an easy win. Instead he went wild and ducked down to Ruiz' height and exchanged with him.

With that said, why they think AJ can beat Wilder based on this performance, I have no idea. AJ has no chin, he doesn't have 10 feet of reach advantage on Wilder to do that. He will get hit. He will have to knock Wilder out first, there is no way he boxes him to a decision.

Comment

Wilder shouldn't talk about boxing skills when all his fights are just one shot connected. Should have had a loss against Fury and lost his belt but got a gift.

But that said AJ vs Wilder is still a lucrative match up and a legit 50-50 whenever it happens.

Comment

FINALLY somebody said it!

"We spend too much energy and time on Deontay Wilder who in the whole grand scheme of things has just boxed in America at Las Vegas and sold 7,000 f---ing tickets and done about 100,000 buys on pay per view. No one gives a monkeys about Deontay Wilder, I'm sorry but it's true."

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
            The Brits will pack a stadium to watch garbage rot.
            North Americans are more discriminating sports fans.
            Boxing is not at the top of the radar, and soccer gets
            no love. You're in a different world over there in that
            little pond of a country. You'll get behind anything as
            long as there is a chance to get drunk and sing 'sweet
            Caroline'. To hell with boxing, your vision is already too
            blurry to see what's going on by the time the main event
            starts. British boxing fans are all a bunch of panty-wearing
            cheerleaders. Savor that with your tea and crumpets.
            Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
            That is waaay below the belt!!

Do it again and you will be disqualified!!!
            Actually it wasn't below the belt but was a legitimate knockout punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
              Its not Americans fault baby.
              They are over charged for a fight and that's the only thing they are proud of.
              Its not the British fault either.
              The biggest boxing guy in the state could barely sale 7k tickets.
              He will be lucky to get 30/35% against AJ.
              30% - 35% is fair for the first fight with the percentages being reversed when Joshua attempts to regain the titles in the rematch. If there's a trilogy it's a 50% - 50% split. Now who can argue against this?

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                I actually agree in part to what you are saying but you are slightly confused with what is fact and opinion.

I think even the most ardent Wilder fans would agree an offer was made for AJ to fight Ortiz june1st. Who cowered out of that? Contrary to popular belief an offer was also made to Fury and Wilder, with Wilder making a offer to Joshua too

Personally when I was watching the fight I didn’t think once that 3000 miles away there is college game taking place in the states. I don’t think AJ and team were that bothered but if they were that’s on them. Those that watched the game will now know that there is a new heavyweight champion and people that live out of the states like myself doesn’t know if it’s a basketball,baseball , soccer or American football game we have missed🤷🏾*♂️
                Not living in the states I can understand our College Football championships not being of great interest to you. On the other hand I've watched the AJ - Ruiz highlights and like I thought it would be, it was a boring fight. To me the football games were exciting as amazing athletes from amazingly well coached teams played their hearts out and exhibited fantastic athletic abilities similar to soccer but even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by mart321 View Post
                  American football is the worst sport of all time
                  Baseball is the second worst sport of all time. Nobody cares about these sports outside of America, so your not really that discerning. Soccer is also the most popular sport on the planet. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it yank.
                  Soccer's a great sport and I enjoy watching it. However to say that baseball is of no interest to anyone outside of the USA is ignorance. Baseball is extremely popular in the Latin American countries as well as in Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. Baseball is played as well in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by FreezeIzGawd View Post
                    THANK YOU!!!

I really don’t think they get it.

Not being a name in the US hurts your legacy WAAAAAYYYY more than Euros want to admit.

Klitschko was champion for a decade and he isn’t even THOUGHT of.....

And he just retired!!!!

Joe Calzage was an undefeated Champion who defeated Jeff Lacy, Bernard Hopkins and ROY JONES but no one and I MEAN NO ONE CONSIDERED HIM IN THE CATEGORY OF ALL TIME GREATS......

AJ is a guy who’s biggest claim in the US is getting BEAT UP BADLY by a SHORT, FAT MEXICAN who no one had heard off until then.....

Oh and it’s funny how his fans are screaming he is the A Side for his AMAZINGLY DOMINANT 2 DAY TITLE REIGN!!!!

BWAWAWAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You can’t make this SHYT UP!!!!
                    Joe Calzaghe made my all time great list after he dismantle Jeff Lacy and embarrassed Mikael Kessler. I say this as a USA boxing fan. Also according to Wikipedia "BoxRec currently ranks Calzaghe as the best super-middleweight of all time."

Comment

The worst thing about Joshua winning is, we have to listen to every side saying such and such is the best.
                      Well, none of them are, not until they clean out the division. That's how it works.
                      Talk is cheap and cleaning out the division is all that matters.
                      NONE of them have done that yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X