Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs Crawford - Coming April 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think Manny is looking to fight any of these Bud or Spence type guys unless the money is super sexy & the catch 22 for Bud & Spence is they need a Manny W or some big name W's to bring that super sexy money.

Comment

Originally posted by wakikihockey View Post
      I've suspected for a while that a big PPV between Bud and Manny was brewing, but with recent events I now believe it is LIKELY if not already signed.

- TC will announce the fight after beating Mean Machine on Dec 14. He has alluded to a big announcement coming.
      - Mikey and Danny have been told they are not getting the Manny fight and have made other plans
      - Great opportunity for PBC & Top Rank to promote their most popular fighters (sorry Errol) during the Fury/Wilder fight in Feb.
      - TC/Arum know that they are in a tough spot with regards to getting big fights, so they should be willing to give Manny the split he needs to make big $. TC has been making $5M his last couple fights, which shouldn't be a problem with even a small slice of the PPV.
      - This fight will draw a minimum of 1 million PPV buys and may get up to 2 million. Manny would get $20-30 million.
      - TC/Top Rank are likely very confident that they can beat Manny. TC needs the WBA belt to set up another huge payday with Spence.
      - This allows Spence to get a couple of tune-ups to recover from the crash before putting together the Crawford fight.
      - Manny/Arum know each other well and can pull this off.
      - This perfectly sets up a potential huge event in Spence/Crawford. And if Manny pulls an upset, that's an even better story. Even if Manny loses, he can always work to get another big payday with Floyd.
      Lay off the crack pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
        Probably since all of PBC is scared
        Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Because of promotional companies I doubt this. Whoever beats the legend becomes the legend. If Manny still has a contract with PBC I doubt they are just going to let him fight Crawford. Crawford is out of moves for a big fight unless they seriously negotiate something.

Bob Arum is a cancer
        Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
        what a dumb post... so crawford sent all those fighters a contract and they all denied it?????? i can sit here and say crawford doesnt wanna fight spence, danny, thurman, etc. you know damm well why these type of fights aint happen yet. one fighter is being promoted by top rank while the others is under PBC.
        I want to thank you both for speaking the truth of the matter. Too bad UNBANNED
        has been blinded by the lies from Arum and Crawford.

Comment

The money-making potential of a Pac-Canelo matchup is obviously nuclear. But Pacquaio dies. The size differential is ridiculous.

Comment

No way Manny gets in there with Bud. He'll get his ears boxed off. Unless he's doped up like he was against Thurman.

Comment

lol casuals don't know who Crawford is and Arum knows it, all his PPVs have been disasters and he has no personality. An ageing Pacquiao isn't gonna draw big PPV numbers alone, he needs a popular opponent and Crawford is far from it.

Comment

2M PPV buys? Lmao.

Crawford can’t even pull in 200K buys. Manny can’t carry them to 1M all by himself anymore, he can do half the work.

Comment

Wouldn’t this fight had happened before Manny was with PBC? I doubt it happens now. And lol at this doing 1 mil. Please. The only time Manny was doing 1 mil PPV consistently when when he was running through welterweights from 08 - 12. He hasn’t had a 1 mil PPV since Márquez IV in 2012. I don’t count the May - Pac numbers because that was a statistical rarity where 2 household names came together.

But for his last like, 5 PPVs he’s been doing 300K - 500K numbers. How would Crawford make it any more?

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    Wouldn’t this fight had happened before Manny was with PBC? I doubt it happens now. And lol at this doing 1 mil. Please. The only time Manny was doing 1 mil PPV consistently when when he was running through welterweights from 08 - 12. He hasn’t had a 1 mil PPV since Márquez IV in 2012. I don’t count the May - Pac numbers because that was a statistical rarity where 2 household names came together.

But for his last like, 5 PPVs he’s been doing 300K - 500K numbers. How would Crawford make it any more?
                    Pac did about 800K buys with PAC Bradley 2 and then he did the 4.6M with Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Why now all of a sudden when this fight could have been made a long time ago if both sides wanted it? I think Crawford wants the fight but Roach will talk Pacquiao out of it. It would be a good fight if it happens but I think Crawford is too good for the old Pacquiao.
                      Ding ding ding

Comment

Working...
                      X