Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Facing Forward When it Comes To Canastota Enshrinement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall, GGG doesnt meet the criteria to get on the list. He wrote fighters not near the end of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
      Yall, GGG doesnt meet the criteria to get on the list. He wrote fighters not near the end of their careers.
      Mickey Garcia is closer to the end of his career than GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
        Mickey Garcia is closer to the end of his career than GGG
        I'm guessing Mikey just having turned 32, and G turning 38 in a couple months has something to do with it.

Comment

I'm guessing Mikey just having turned 32, and G turning 38 in a couple months has something to do with it.
          You might be right but american boxers have a tendance to hang them up in the early to mid 30s, im quite sure Golovkin is gonna have more fights in the future than Garcia, but we'll see
          Last edited by Satir; 01-07-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Spence and Mikey Garcia don't belong on this list without a bunch more great wins. 2 or 3 good wins shouldn't get you into the HOF

Comment

GGG, Donaire, Chocolatito, Rigo, Crawford, Kovalev are missing from this list.

I think when all is said and done Fury, Wilder, Usyk, Beterbiev, Menayothin, Tanaka K, Estrada, SSR will get in.

I'm hoping Frampton can beat Herring & LSC at 130 to give himself a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
                GGG, Donaire, Chocolatito, Rigo, Crawford, Kovalev are missing from this list.

I think when all is said and done Fury, Wilder, Usyk, Beterbiev, Menayothin, Tanaka K, Estrada, SSR will get in.

I'm hoping Frampton can beat Herring & LSC at 130 to give himself a shot!
                Of your first six fighters listed five of them are older than 35, so probably in the 'late' stage of their career (thus not fitting the criteria).

No Crawford is a bit of a surprise relative to the other names listed though. He didn't even make the honorable mention list whereas Charlo and Tank Davis did?

Comment

Just a correction: Lomachenko does not currently hold the WBC belt.

He relinquished it after his promoter asked for the Franchise Champion designation when Devin Haney was made the mandatory challenger.

Comment

Of your first six fighters listed five of them are older than 35, so probably in the 'late' stage of their career (thus not fitting the criteria).

No Crawford is a bit of a surprise relative to the other names listed though. He didn't even make the honorable mention list whereas Charlo and Tank Davis did?
                    Yeah Crawford should be in the article. In terms of names his resume isn't great, but it's really not his fault that he dominated weak 135 and 140 divisions.

Maybe he fought Crawford was close the end of his career with 3 years / 6-7 fights left.

Comment

Golovkin should be on this list instead of Spence, Mikey Garcia or Joshua. Spence has a much weaker resume than GGG and yet he is on the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X