Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #12 - Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko, April 29

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Wlad fought the opponents AJ fought he would have done the same thing....KOs galore. AJ is overrated and will lose this one.

Comment

I'm thinking Joshua mid rounds KO or UD.

I think people are giving Fury a little too much credit. I think Klitschko is just about done.

Comment

im sticking my neck out and going with klitschko on this one. Theres a tendency in boxing to not look past a fighters previous performance and factor in what theyve done before that. I think theres more in the tank than he showed against fury, although hes 41 hes in great shape and not many wars of recent years. Joshua looked dreadful in that whyte fight and im not sure we can say for certain whether hes really improved when you look at recent competition. Im gonna go klitschko ko rounds 5-8, with plenty of 'joshua was exposed' threads popping up the next day.
        Last edited by Prince Madison; 04-25-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

3x. MTC.

Comment

SUBZER0ED, 2X. Now is the time for AJ to make a name for himself & give the HW division the shot in the arm that it needs. He must KO the old lion.

Comment

Eff Pandas, 2x

Comment

soul_survivor,1X

Comment

Just three days away. It's been a little while since I've watched a HW fight. Hopefully AJ knocks Wlad into retirement.

Comment

Seems like a lot of people are picking using emotions instead of Logic. Tyson Fury is much greater than people on here and "so called experts/anaysts" would lead you to believe. Klitshko "looked old" in that fight because of tysons footspeed/movement/unorthodox style, and as good as AJ is i don't see anything unconventional about him that a guy with vlads experience can't prepare for/anticipate. So much value gambling wise in just betting on vlad to win (think he is a 2/1 underdog at the time of writing). Well the crowd is usually right, but boy when they're wrong its usually by a looong shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      im sticking my neck out and going with klitschko on this one. Theres a tendency in boxing to not look past a fighters previous performance and factor in what theyve done before that. I think theres more in the tank than he showed against fury, although hes 41 hes in great shape and not many wars of recent years. Joshua looked dreadful in that whyte fight and im not sure we can say for certain whether hes really improved when you look at recent competition. Im gonna go klitschko ko rounds 5-8, with plenty of 'joshua was exposed' threads popping up the next day.
                      There's some truth in this. I think if boxers fought more regularly it'd be more natural to consider more context, but when you see a fighter 1-3 times a year you end up putting a lot of emphasis on what you remember well from them.

That being said I think I like AJ here. My main thinking here is that it seems unprecedented for a fighter over 40 to come off a long layoff preceded by a fight where they looked gunshy to come back and beat a top 5 fighter. It's definitely possible but it hasn't happened many times before.

While I want AJ to win on one hand, I do think it would make a hell of a story for Klitschko to comeback and beat a young, strong, Olympic gold medalist.

Comment

Working...
                      X