Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Outworks a Game Rafael Rivera For Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the guy who fought JoJo Diaz a few years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Is this the guy who fought JoJo Diaz a few years ago?
      That's the guy

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
        Cut him slack. He is a good person, read his family story and what kind of son/brother he is. Very kind, good hearted and genuine guy. He is the only fighter I will give a pass for eternity no matter who he fights.
        All you say appears to be true and in life it's more important to be a good man than a good fighter but this is a boxing website. For Santa Cruz to not be fighting Russel, Warrington or even a Frampton rematch at this stage of his career is pathetic. Throw in that he flat out refused a Rigo fight. The clock is ticking, time for a serious upgrade in opposition.

How long do you think Fox is going to hang around for fights of this caliber?

Comment

Molina-Figueroa is going to be bananas

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            All you say appears to be true and in life it's more important to be a good man than a good fighter but this is a boxing website. For Santa Cruz to not be fighting Russel, Warrington or even a Frampton rematch at this stage of his career is pathetic. Throw in that he flat out refused a Rigo fight. The clock is ticking, time for a serious upgrade in opposition.

How long do you think Fox is going to hang around for fights of this caliber?
            Yeah man. Its hard for me to see what he has gone thru and not feel for him and his family. I put myself in his shoes and I have such respect and admiration for people who take care of their own specially when it comes to health.

I respect your opinion but I cant say anything bad about Santa Cruz. I love his style, I think he has fought decent opposition in Mares and Frampton... Im just biased when it comes to him, I just cant man. He is the only fighter I tune in for no matter who he fights... I just have soft spot for him thats it.

You are right I mean... this isnt a good matchup, its not what the sport needs... I just want to see Leo healthy and being able to provide... Its weird for me because I usually feel outrage when fighters fight bums... but yeah. I love Leo..

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
              It's gonna be a WAR for however long it lasts.

People love to count out the under dog but this kid is in tremendous shape. He knows he's in with a Top 10 P4P-ounder. This is his Rocky moment.

Every Leo fight is exciting man, I love Leos style. Mini Margarito, huge heart.

For sure, I dont know much about him honestly. I will youtube him now after your description of him. These fighters tend to give it all when the opportunity comes

Comment

Not sure it's worthy of it's own thread since I didn't see it myself, but apparently Francesco Patera successfully defended his European title against Marvin Petit with a questionable decision in a fight Petit was apparently doing well in

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Not sure it's worthy of it's own thread since I didn't see it myself, but apparently Francesco Patera successfully defended his European title against Marvin Petit with a questionable decision in a fight Petit was apparently doing well in
                  Actually more news coming in now and sounds like Patera took over the 2nd half of the fight to pull away and deserve a close decision

Comment

Is the Juarez fight not on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      Actually more news coming in now and sounds like Patera took over the 2nd half of the fight to pull away and deserve a close decision
                      any idea where to get updates on the undercard?

Comment

Working...
                      X