Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Explains The Fallout With Don King Since Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    In the last few days, junior middleweight Vanes Martirosyan (36-4-1, 21 KOs) has been venting heavy over his fallout with veteran promoter Don King. Vanes is on the verge of retirement from the sport, after sitting on the shelf since getting out knocked out by then middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin in May 2018. Vanes came in as a late replacement for Canelo Alvarez, who failed a drug test.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Vanes seems like a genuine person but the thing with him is he seems to always get into it with everyone! As far as I know he’s publicly fuededvwith Al haymon, Goldenboy, Alex Arriza and he had a real hard on for Canelo! He comes across as someone who agrees to terms that don’t benefit him with the hope that on the next one he’ll get taken care of and he’s a good boxer but what frustrated me about him is how he took jabs about Canelos performance in fight one, he called Canelo out on his running and he probably found out the hard way that that should’ve been his exact plan when he (martirosyan) fought Golovkin! That was stupid of him to try to go Toe to Toe! In a way it’s hard to feel sorry for someone he makes this many bad choices

Comment

I’m a fan of Vanes

Was willing to fight anyone , Seems like a good dude and always honest but he has a tendency to bite the mouth that feeds him

Vanes complained about his lack of activity under Haymon and he had a valid point but why he chose to sign with King after ,who’s fighters are lucky to fight once every 2 years is beyond me. Seems like the worst decision to make career wise

Sh.itty that it sounds like he’s getting shafted from the industry and you’d think that after taking the Golovkin fight knowing full well it was a public execution, it would’ve created some opportunities like it did for Monroe. Hope it gets straightened out and he can get in the ring again because Vanes can probably still compete against most of the 154 guys
      Last edited by R_Walken; 02-14-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

1. #dipsht - Vanes not just took a part in disgusting ducking of a champion and in a mismatch (cherrypick) but also MFer says that he should be praised for this by fans! While he only saved money for fat promoters!
        2. #dumb@ss - Going to the snake exactly because he is a snake hoping for a different end result? RLY?

Comment

Bob Arum is just as bad.

Comment

This is why so many sign with Al Haymon who takes a fraction of the money. Goldenboy probably 2nd best. I mean they gave ggg almost 50%. I cant see ANY other promotor doing that for another boxer not even signed with them.

Comment

Pretty sure he signed a contract.
              Plus he got 300k upfront for doin nothing basically.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
                "Everybody said that Don King is a piece of *****, a bad promoter, a snake. The reason I went to him alone was because I wanted him to do at least one fighter good, at least be good to one person in your life. I tried to go against everybody and I got really screwed over," Vanes said.

lol you can't be serious?!?!
                Lol that’s lfawking ******ed

Comment

I've always liked vanes but he only has himself to blame. Why the **** would he sign with king knowing how much of a piece of **** he is? He should have endured pbc honestly...Hope he gets his **** sorted ultimately though & gets TF away from king

Comment

Idk why is he complaining if he knew that don king was a snake... s***t i wouldn't even consider working with don king if he offer me a job... lol

Comment

i don’t remember him bein mandatory, but there was a mandatory eliminator between him and Sulecki to fight jermell.

GB pulled spike O’Sullivan off the Jacobs fight, so Haymon pulled Sulecki off the martroysian fight and put him in against Jacobs.

I always wondered where that left Martroysian. Is that how he was mandatory?

Comment

Working...
                      X