Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Targets Bernard Hopkins Directly After Krasniqi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like more of the same drivel from Cleverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      The guy in your avatar just fought a 43 year old Glen Johnson...
      Groves wasn't calling for the fight and viewed it as a formality. Whereas Cleverly is calling out Hop as if there's something to gain by beating him. It's completely different. Also, Clev is supposed to be a world champ for fk sake. Groves is a Brit/Commonwealth champ with only 15 fights. Oh, and Clev is also a year older.

Comment

Not sure B-Hop will get past Cloud to be honest

Comment

If this is real, B-Hop better jump on this should he get past Cloud. Unifying the IBF and WBO would directly challenge Chad Dawson's rule of the Light-Heavyweight Division and make it interesting. The old man you just thought you've gotten rid of has two world title belts around his waist again.

But something tells me that Cleverly is just name dropping while quietly racking up WBO Title defenses to the double digits a la Calzaghe, Zolte Erdei, Serhiy Dzinziruk style.

Comment

Heard all this before. LOL at the Calzaghe hate. Even at 43, B-Hop was better than the vast majority of top light heavies. I didn't hear him being called a bum when he beat Pascal. Cleverly and Calzaghe are polar opposites. GTFOH with all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
              Heard all this before. LOL at the Calzaghe hate. Even at 43, B-Hop was better than the vast majority of top light heavies. I didn't hear him being called a bum when he beat Pascal. Cleverly and Calzaghe are polar opposites. GTFOH with all that.

He beat Pascal because Jean isn't great. I will give Slappy Joe the benefit of doubt and call him a semi-great. Therefore if he is a 'great' it isn't good enough to barely slap your way to a Majority decision against a tired Hopkins and get knocked down in the process.

And then the same thing happens against ROy Jones, whom he did have an easier time with. But a knockdown in the first round? Even a faded Tito Trinidad didn't get knocked down in the 1st against RJJ.

This is the type of standard we're gonna hold Joe to, considering he is a Undefeated Welsh beast who is supposed to be greater than some of our American all-time greats - according to some.

Comment

Working...
              X