Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who beat 7 different Hall of Famers or more?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
    Actually I think Charles has 9.

I think you may have forget Jersey Joe Walcott and Teddy Yarosz.

Nice catch! I don't know how I left Walcott off. Yarosz...........Thats all you brother, I totally missed that one.

Comment

Sam Langford (11):
      George Godfrey
      Tiger Flowers
      Harry Wills
      Joe Jeannette
      Sam McVey
      Philadelphia Jack O'Brian
      Dixie Kid
      Joe Gans
      Jack Blackburn
      Kid Norfolk
      Stanley Ketchel (newspaper decision)

Jack Johnson (7):
      Sam McVea
      Jim Jeffries
      Stanley Ketchell
      Tommy Burns
      Bob Fitzsimmons
      Joe Jeannette
      Sam Langford

Johnny Risko (7):
      Tommy Loughran
      Mickey Walker
      Max Baer
      George Godfrey
      Jack Sharkey
      Jack Delaney
      Paul Berlenbach
      Last edited by Bundana; 02-04-2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

How many did Archie Moore beat. Must have been up there in his career spanning 99 years LOL

Comment

Originally posted by EzzardFan View Post
          How many did Archie Moore beat. Must have been up there in his career spanning 99 years LOL
          He met 13 different HOFers - but beat only 6 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
            I am sure i have left out a few off the top of the head. But here are the 5 guys that i know beat 7 or more boxers that went to the Hall of Fame.

Harry Greb - 10 Kid Norfolk, Tunney, Levinsky, Gibbons, Dillon, Flowers, Rosenbloom, Slattery, Walker, Loughran

Sugar Ray Robinson- 9 - Armstrong, Lamotta, Fullmer, Kid Gavilan, Basilio, Graziano, Zivic,Turpin, Angott

Jimmy Mclarnin- 9 -Villa,Labarba, Ambers, Canzoneri, Ross, Kaplan Petrolle, Leonard, Young Corbett 3

Joe Louis -8 - Schmeling, Sharkey, Conn, Walcott, Baer, Braddock, JH Lewis, Bivins. (Primo Carnera should be #9)

Muhammad Ali -7 Foster, Moore, Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Patterson, Norton

Henry Armstrong- 7 - Wolgast, Ross, Angott, Ambers, Jenkins, Zivic, Montanez

Name any other boxers who beat 7 different fighters who went to the hall of fame?
            If you add Benny Bass, Chalky Wright and Baby Arizmendy to Armstrong's tally he moves up to 10.

So does SRR if you add Bobo Olson.

And Mclarnin moves to 11, if you add Charles (Bud) Taylor and Jackie Fields.

... not to mention Greb, who goes up to 13 if you add Jack Blackburn, Billy Miske and another Gibbons (though many of these wins were newspaper decisions).
            Last edited by Bundana; 02-04-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky_balboa23 View Post
              yeah..Pacman has the 3 Mexicans, DLH, probably COtto and Hatton. By a long shot Oscar Larios. then if he beats Mayweather or Mosley that would be huge.
              Cotto and Hatton? No. Larios? No.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                I have Greb unoffiicially as beating 10 different HOF fighters. I am sure i have left some out. I dont see any current fighters getting to 7 again. Even Duran and Leonard had 4 a piece. Leonard beating Benitez, Duran, Hearns, and Hagler. Duran beating Buchanan, Leonard, Palomino, and Cuevas. Pacman may have 4 already as i think all 3 Barrera,Morales, and JMM will be future HOF and he also beat an old DLH, and if Hatton makes it that makes 5. Carlos Ortiz also has atleast 5 different fighters also.
                Oscar himself will have a few when they all go through: There are the possibles and the definites. But, I put only the guys that are possibles ain that are actually possibly going to get in. I don't think Hatton even deserves a mention for the HOF.
                Chavez
                Whitaker
                Hector Camacho
                Ike Quartey?
                Genaro Hernandez?
                Jorge Paez?
                Miguel Angel Gonzalez?

That's seven guys that are likely to get in. ****, maybe even Gatti will get now. I don't think he should but you know how it is.

Duran will probably end up having seven too. Kobayashi is in the WBHOF (world boxing hall of fame) as is Esteban De Jesus and Ernesto Marcel has been nominated for the past two years for the IBHOF. Those three will eventually get in at some point. Ishimatsu, despite his record, may also get in one day. He has a great resume. I mean, if people think Hatton can get in with one win over a definite HOF'er, probably two with Castillo, then surely Ishimatsu with three HOF wins and having fought about three, maybe four others...more likely than Hatton anyway. ****, even Barkley should get in before Hatton. Beat an ATG twice, three weight world champion, fought the best of a great era and probably about five or more HOF'ers himself.

Man, Hatton is so overrated.
                Last edited by BennyST; 02-04-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                  If you add Benny Bass, Chalky Wright and Baby Arizmendy to Armstrong's tally he moves up to 10.

So does SRR if you add Bobo Olson.

And Mclarnin moves to 11, if you add Charles (Bud) Taylor and Jackie Fields.

... not to mention Greb, who goes up to 13 if you add Jack Blackburn, Billy Miske and another Gibbons (though many of these wins were newspaper decisions).
                  Thanks for the info. I will edit the post later and Greb did beat Delaney but i think it wasen't HOF Jack Delaney it was a different one maybe James?

Comment

Freddie Welsh beat Abe Attell, Jim Driscoll, Johnny Dundee, Willie Ritchie, Ad Wolgast, Benny Leonard & Battling Nelson

Comment

Tony Canzoneri (9):
                      Lou Ambers
                      Jimmy Mclarnin
                      Baby Arizmendy
                      Kid Chocolate
                      Billy Petrolle
                      Jack (Kid) Berg
                      Benny Bass
                      Bud Taylor
                      Johnny Dundee

Comment