Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hopkins who fought Trinidad would have 12-0 GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH MY GOD. Hopkins loses a wide ud.

Comment

Golovkin would have been Hopkins. The jab would've been key.

Comment

Idk about 12-0 but I'd favor Hopkins

Comment

Word...that Hopkins that beat up that Welterweight after being at MW for like 12 years... Sounds so familiar...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            During Hopkins prime he had two fights with Echols and three legendary bouts against Allen. Hopkins rarely blew people out during his prime he had his fair share of ugly and reasonably competitive fights with mediocre competition.

Hopkins was spectacular against Trinidad but that was largely due to Trinidad's footwork which most closely resembled that of a person whose feet were attached to railroad tracks and really needing to plant his feet in order to land meaningful punches. A horrid combination of faults when facing Bernard.

Hyperbole is always more fun to garner attention for a thread though right OP. Can't shut out Eastman, would shut out Golovkin. I see.
            I'm not sure why you are bringing those fights up as some kind of justification. He dominated those fights for the most part and they were either wide decisions or he stopped them, have you actually watched them? Just because Echols did better than some of the others doesn't mean he wasn't dominated also. The Eastman fight - Hopkins did whatever he wanted in there against a guy who you don't want to stand in front of to give him any kind of chance.

He also shut out Pavlik who was the lineal middleweight champion of the world, and superior to all the fighters above. You could throw Tarver in there also, and Winky Wright another fairly one sided decision.

Styles make fights and whilst not every example above was at middleweight, Hopkins is one of those fighters that if you go to try and destroy him or stand in front of him, you'll most likely destroy yourself. Ask Glen Johnson, Trinidad, or Pavlik.

GGG is in over his head with a prime Hopkins.

Comment

Real talk

I think the 42-year-old Bhop that beat Tarver could have beaten the GGG we saw against Canelo

Comment

GGG has for sure dipped. Still a top guy at 160 for sure but not the same monster he was a few years ago.

Comment

GGG has no chance against this beast. Hopkins was a much more complete fighter, he would have spanked him.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    GGG has no chance against this beast. Hopkins was a much more complete fighter, he would have spanked him.

Hopkins in his prime. 32 year old champ with multiple defenses at the peak of his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      Hopkins in his prime. 32 year old champ with multiple defenses at the peak of his skills.
                      Absolute beast at middleweight once the title reign began. The only thing which beat Hopkins was a fighter with quick hands and feet in combination, and we are talking exceptional speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X