No announcement yet.

Unification bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unification bout?

OK this is the 2nd time now I have heard someone announce McGregor as the reigning and DEFENDING UFC champion. Have i missed something? Is the UFC belt on the line? Is Floyd going to become the first ever boxer to become UFC champion? It'll be interesting to see a UFC champion without him stepping into the octagon.

War Floyd!!

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
    OK this is the 2nd time now I have heard someone announce McGregor as the reigning and DEFENDING UFC champion. Have i missed something? Is the UFC belt on the line? Is Floyd going to become the first ever boxer to become UFC champion? It'll be interesting to see a UFC champion without him stepping into the octagon.

War Floyd!!

or viceversa

Comment

War Floyd!!

That's got me confused - it has to be an error. I can understand announcing him as the reigning Champ, as he is...but he isn't defending anything, surely. There's no way an MMA title can be won or lost in a boxing match.

The UFC has already treated other fighters in Conor's division(s) like absolute **** - if they endorsed something as ridiculous as this, there might be a strike.

Comment

conor knocked out jeff horn. it is a unification

Comment

Bump....they said it again

Comment

I think they just wanna hype it more & defending sounds like a term to make a belt seem even better than it is lol. Definitely weird doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I think they just wanna hype it more & defending sounds like a term to make a belt seem even better than it is lol. Definitely weird doe.
              It's so ******ed, it just shows how stupid this entire debacle is, I hope it's true and he gets a UFC belt. Then he can throw it in the trash like Bowe

Comment

It's so ******ed, it just shows how stupid this entire debacle is, I hope it's true and he gets a UFC belt. Then he can throw it in the trash like Bowe
                Brother this whole thing is so surreal still to me lmfao. I bet the cats back in the day watching the Ali vs Inoki build up & fight felt like I feel about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Brother this whole thing is so surreal still to me lmfao. I bet the cats back in the day watching the Ali vs Inoki build up & fight felt like I feel about this one.
                  The thing is that Inoki **** that was an exhibition, plus it was in f|_|king japan, not Vegas, japs always enjoy novelty shvt like that. Everything about it is a slap in the face to the sport. Also because it counts ands REAL boxing match its even more tragic. That's gonna be floyds no.50

Comment

The thing is that Inoki **** that was an exhibition, plus it was in f|_|king japan, not Vegas, japs always enjoy novelty shvt like that. Everything about it is a slap in the face to the sport. Also because it counts ands REAL boxing match its even more tragic. That's gonna be floyds no.50
                    I think it had to be equally as insane doe. I mean it was Ali. Ali was bigger than boxing & he had some dude crabwalking him down & sh^t.

Boxing for real needs to get a elite league of boxers together under a few promoters or something & streamline this sport towards boxing first over circus fights or novelty fights. Cuz its not like this isn't happening besides this fight.

Canelo is the biggest active name in the game right now (you can argue Joshua, but I say Canelo still has more proof behind the pudding that he's bigger thus far) & he's been doing circus fights since Floyd left & that Chavez Jr one was just the crowning achievement of his circus fights.

You gotta make boxing about the top guys fighting top guys at some point over just getting tickets sold & PPV's bought.

Comment

Working...
                    X