No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder Finally Responds To Eddie Hearn's HUGE Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NahMean View Post
    I'd argue Whyte has a better chin than Wilder. Hes only been dropped by AJ who is an elite fighter with a 100% KO rate.. Wilder was dropped by Nichols Dustin and Harold Sconiers who are both feather fist'd bums.

I didn't mention Wilder, not sure why his name was brought up. But yeah you're probably right. Whyte probably has a better chin than Wilder. If you say that though, then Whyte probably has a better chin than AJ too. Based on all the stories we've heard of AJ getting dropped and knocked out in sparring. I think Wilder and AJ have similar chins. But their power, skills, size, length and strength particularly with AJ make up for it. Wilder as we know is not as skilled or as strong as AJ.

"Great" chin was what was described.

Whyte does not have a "great" chin, a good or decent chin yeah.

Tua took right hands, uppercuts and all kinds of punches from Lennox Lewis, Ike Ibeabuchi, everyone. Never been knocked out. And none of todays Heavyweights would have knocked Tua out either.

If Ike Ibeabuchi was fighting today in his prime, he would likely be the #1 Heavyweight. He had skill, could punch and had a "great" chin.

A lot of Heavyweights have good, decent or weak chins.

It's rare for Heavyweights to have "great" chins, very few do in boxing history. Which is understandable when you are fighting at the highest level of the scale.

But those two guys that I mentioned are the rare few that had "great" chins.
    Last edited by The Time; 06-22-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Time View Post
      I didn't mention Wilder, not sure why his name was brought up. But yeah you're probably right. Whyte probably has a better chin than Wilder. If you say that though, then Whyte probably has a better chin than AJ too. Based on all the stories we've heard of AJ getting dropped and knocked out in sparring. I think Wilder and AJ have similar chins. But their power, skills, size, length and strength particularly with AJ make up for it. Wilder as we know is not as skilled or as strong as AJ.

"Great" chin was what was described.

Whyte does not have a "great" chin, a good or decent chin yeah.

Tua took right hands, uppercuts and all kinds of punches from Lennox Lewis, Ike Ibeabuchi, everyone. Never been knocked out. And none of todays Heavyweights would have knocked Tua out either.

If Ike Ibeabuchi was fighting today in his prime, he would likely be the #1 Heavyweight. He had skill, could punch and had a "great" chin.

A lot of Heavyweights have good, decent or weak chins.

It's rare for Heavyweights to have "great" chins, very few do in boxing history. Which is understandable when you are fighting at the highest level of the scale.

But those two guys that I mentioned are the rare few that had "great" chins.
      I mentioned Wilder because this while thread is about Wilder vs Whyte.

And I'm talking about their pro fights not some rumors in sparring.

Comment

Just because a boxer holds a belt doesn't mean he's a real champion! You know this but you just want to use that excuse when it suits you.. according to you Wilder is a real champion because he holds a belt.. But you don't think Martin was a real champion even though he held a belt??. Hypocrite. Yes Martin won the vacant IBF title that was stripped from Fury.. but you seem to forget that Stiverne also won the vacant WBC title dropped by Vitali so why don’t you also say Wilder collected the WBC belts without actually beating the real champion Vitali???

Like I said you only the excuse when it suits you. Unlike you I’m consistent, neither Wilder nor Marin are real champions!! That’s why when AJ won the title from Martin I said it myself that AJ’s not a real champion! What makes you a real champion is who you fight and defend your title against! Just holding a title like Wilder and fighting bums all your life does not make you a real champion.. put all the titles aside and you’ll see that AJ with only 19 fights already has a better resume than Wilder.. FACT.
        Did I say Wilder was the real champion? I said Fury was the real champion. Wilder is a belt holder like parker & Joshua.

Comment

I mentioned Wilder because this while thread is about Wilder vs Whyte.

And I'm talking about their pro fights not some rumors in sparring.

Lol, I like AJ too. I'm a fan. But I have to be objective and be a fan not a fanboy, Lol.

Both Joshua and Wilder have been hurt and dropped in the amateurs, sparring and in pro fights. Joshua confirmed some sparring stories.

Being honest, objective and realistic about it. Their chins are about the same more or less. They both have the capability to knock each other out due to their power and chins.

If they fought right now I would pick Joshua to win because he's the more technically skilled and would likely land his big shots on Wilder first before Wilder can land his. I'd bet on Joshua if someone forced me to bet between the two. Absolutely.
          Last edited by The Time; 06-22-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Did I say Wilder was the real champion? I said Fury was the real champion. Wilder is a belt holder like parker & Joshua.
            I asked what has Wilder done to deserve the fight.. And you said he's a champion. No he isn't, he just holds a belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Time View Post
              Lol, I like AJ too. I'm a fan. But I have to be objective and be a fan not a fanboy, Lol.

Both Joshua and Wilder have been hurt and dropped in the amateurs, sparring and in pro fights. Joshua confirmed some sparring stories.

Being honest, objective and realistic about it. Their chins are about the same more or less. They both have the capability to knock each other out due to their power and chins.

If they fought right now I would pick Joshua to win because he's the more technically skilled and would likely land his big shots on Wilder first before Wilder can land his. I'd bet on Joshua if someone forced me to bet between the two. Absolutely.
              I hear you Bro. I'm not a fanboy of any fighter.. Before Fury became fat I always said Fury would beat AJ. I was rooting for Fury all the way but he lost the plot and he put me off him. He's not serious about the sport so why should I take him seriously?

Ive followed Wilder's career for years now even before AJ was on my radar.. I liked Wilder but his antics have out me off him.. I'm fed up of him talking about fighting the top guys when all he's really ever done is fight bums.

When I first came on this forum I was a AJ hater.. I use to say he's on steroids and that he will get beat when he steps up.. My display pic was made to troll his fan boys and that's why I deliberately made him look like a body builder. But I realised that that he isnt all hype and he's a fundamentally good heavyweight that is entertaining to watch.

I like what AJ stands for and when he took the Vlad fight in his 19th fight I became a fan. But if he starts to fighting bums like Wawrzyk, Washington And Malik Scott for the rest of his career I will call him out on his bull****.

I don't want to dislike Wilder.. But you can only take so much ****ery

Comment

I hear you Bro. I'm not a fanboy of any fighter.. Before Fury became fat I always said Fury would beat AJ. I was rooting for Fury all the way but he lost the plot and he put me off him. He's not serious about the sport so why should I take him seriously?

Ive followed Wilder's career for years now even before AJ was on my radar.. I liked Wilder but his antics have out me off him.. I'm fed up of him talking about fighting the top guys when all he's really ever done is fight bums.

When I first came on this forum I was a AJ hater.. I use to say he's on steroids and that he will get beat when he steps up.. My display pic was made to troll his fan boys and that's why I deliberately made him look like a body builder. But I realised that that he isnt all hype and he's a fundamentally good heavyweight that is entertaining to watch.

I like what AJ stands for and when he took the Vlad fight in his 19th fight I became a fan. But if he starts to fighting bums like Wawrzyk, Washington And Malik Scott for the rest of his career I will call him out on his bull****.

I don't want to dislike Wilder.. But you can only take so much ****ery

Haha, yeah I hear you.

This current situation with Wilder has me scratching my head. I hope he makes the right decision.

I don't know what happened to Fury?

He ate himself out of competition.

And Kitschko is not sure if he wants to endure getting socked up again, Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                  The difference in skill level would make this entertaining.

Ward would probably look like prime Roy Jones Jr. in there for a couple rounds, but eventually Wilder would knock the wind out of him with that right.
                  Bumsquad would be dead by the end of round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Joshua and Parker are tied up and he won't face Ortiz so I don't see how Whyte is any worse than the other options. Doesn't he realise that if he KOs Whyte he will increase the amount of money and recognition he'll get in a fight with Joshua afterwards?

You know why he is scared clear and simple, his last fight he earned $900k before costs. So if Dilian Whyte is such a bum why will he not take the easy 3 mill and knock Whyte.

Comment

Working...
                    X