Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP PRINCE, Legendary pop star dead at 57!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
    RIP Prince.

Now I'm going to purify myself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka
    That something else, LOL!

Comment

• I'm late to the party but I have to say that unless you are younger than 35 (at least) you don't know the impact this man had on music, pop culture and imo was/is one of the last great MUSICIANS left in modern music.

Supposedly played upwards of 20+ instruments. Composed, played, arranged, sang every song he did. He literally played the instruments, recorded the vocals...everything. Rolling Stone named him #33 greatest guitarist of all time and his main genre wasn't rock n roll. 8 octive vocal range...

Genius is a word often thrown around without meaning, he was a true genius. He's on the level of Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, James Brown, MJ, he's that level of special.

He defined a decade, showed you don't have to be limited to a specific genre. He did what he wanted, how he wanted, was a pioneer in modern music and will be remembered forever. Fuk this one hurt, and fuk you if you don't have an artist that made you feel awe, and stir those emotions in you.

R.I.P Prince Rogers Nelson 1958-2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I'm late to the party but I have to say that unless you are younger than 35 (at least) you don't know the impact this man had on music, pop culture and imo was/is one of the last great MUSICIANS left in modern music.

Supposedly played upwards of 20+ instruments. Composed, played, arranged, sang every song he did. He literally played the instruments, recorded the vocals...everything. Rolling Stone named him #33 greatest guitarist of all time and his main genre wasn't rock n roll. 8 octive vocal range...

Genius is a word often thrown around without meaning, he was a true genius. He's on the level of Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, James Brown, MJ, he's that level of special.

He defined a decade, showed you don't have to be limited to a specific genre. He did what he wanted, how he wanted, was a pioneer in modern music and will be remembered forever. Fuk this one hurt, and fuk you if you don't have an artist that made you feel awe, and stir those emotions in you.

Outside of the whole bikini brief thing, which offended Bob Marley, He was the man. Most know what happened, but probably won't admit it. RIP Prince.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I'm late to the party but I have to say that unless you are younger than 35 (at least) you don't know the impact this man had on music, pop culture and imo was/is one of the last great MUSICIANS left in modern music.

When's the last time any youngster set you straight about anything ???

That's what I thought !

Ezekiel Elliot uh ???

Super Bowl bound huh ???

Comment

• Comment

• I enjoyed the album Come.
              Still working my way through his stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                I enjoyed the album Come.
                Still working my way through his stuff.
                Start with Purple Rain/Parade/Sign O The Times if you haven't already.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  Start with Purple Rain/Parade/Sign O The Times if you haven't already.
                  Well duh!

Do you have the Xenophobia Prince bootlegs?

Theyre amazing. I'll upload them if u want.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    Well duh!

Do you have the Xenophobia Prince bootlegs?

Theyre amazing. I'll upload them if u want.

Sorry mate (Buddy, Fat Yank) I forgot what poster I was talking to.

I've got everything, but thank you for the offer.

Comment

• So it looks like Prince OD'd on fentanyl...

Prince died from powerful opioid painkiller: autopsy report

The results of his autopsy show that the music icon died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, which is up to 50 times more potent than heroin.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...cial-says.html

Comment

Working...
                      X