Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just booked a mini-vacation to Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you staying? When I went I stayed at the Treasure Island. Disappointingly NOT pirate themed throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Where are you staying? When I went I stayed at the Treasure Island. Disappointingly NOT pirate themed throughout.
      Excalibur. Good central location, on the strip across from the MGM Grand. I found a good deal for a 4 night stay plus flight.

Comment

have a triple threat match with larry and pb32

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Excalibur. Good central location, on the strip across from the MGM Grand. I found a good deal for a 4 night stay plus flight.
          Is the beef between you and piggy over?

Comment

Originally posted by GGBoxer View Post
            Is the beef between you and piggy over?
            Yes, I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I'll be going to the Matthysse-Dallas Golden Boy card on Jan 26th.

I really like the parks around Las Vegas, such as Red Rock Canyon and Desert National Wildlife Refuge.

But the main reason I'm going is to escape the winter rain here in Vancouver.
              I'll be in Vancouver next week for business. I'm working 1 day and I'll take 1 vacation day. What to do? See? Where to eat?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I'll be in Vancouver next week for business. I'm working 1 day and I'll take 1 vacation day. What to do? See? Where to eat?
                You might want to take the skylift up to the ski resort Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver. There's quite a view on the way up, if it's not too cloudy. You can rent skis or a snowboard up on top.

The skywall off Stanley Park is a nice place for a walk if it isn't raining.

Taking the Seabus (part of our public transit) over North Vancouver might be interesting. To the east of the entrance to the Seabus is the older part of Vancouver with many newly renovated old buildings from back in the days when it was a logging town.

I'm not much for eating in restaurants, so my opinion on that isn't worth much. But there are quite a few to choose from downtown, especially in the Robson/Burrard/West Georgia area.

Comment

I hope you open your mouth in public and get jumped.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Actually...if you think back 2010 was the Olympics and I remember it being incredibly sunny and warm and that was the beginning of February...some events were cancelled due to lack of snow even up in Whistler. Last year was cool but the year before was fairly average.
                    True, it was nice in February 2010 for the time of year, but we set an all-time record here and in Seattle for least sunshine and coolest average temperature for April 2011, and May and June 2010 were unusually cloudy and cool.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      I hope you open your mouth in public and get jumped.

That's not something nice to wish on someone.

Comment

Working...
                      X