No announcement yet.

Rewatched Wilder vs Ortiz - Trash version of AJ v Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Seriously - if was promoting a fight between AJ and Wilder and I wanted to maximise the income from both sides of the Altantic, I would have Wilder KTFO of a Brit in a voluntary defence in the UK and AJ do the same thing to a yank in the US. Then I would pit them against each other.

i'd hope the fights are good and have them fight three times in the next five years, the way many HW rivals have.

of course you're scared for your guy. he's you guy!. i don't have a guy! i want good fights and i want HW to do well. i'd love to see wilder get his head taken off if joshua is the better man. and vice versa! it will be exciting.

act like i'm a wilder fanboy. please. it's been a long week and i need to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
      war of attrition.
      😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
        I actually think Wilder-Ortiz was a more cerebral fight. Don't get me wrong Joshua-Klitschko was the better fight. However, Wilder-Ortiz was better in terms of strategy. Ortiz's strategy was to catch Wilder coming in with a counter. For the first half of the fight Wilder was able to avoid those counters and did catch Ortiz. It took a short right hand counter from Ortiz to catch Wilder as he was coming in. After that the fight turned into a war. You also have to give it up to Wilder for avoiding getting hurt more and bouncing back the way he did.

Joshua-Klitschko was more drama, but I disagree that Wilder-Ortiz was less substance.
        Agree on most of what you said. However, I don't think the AJ-Wlad fight was the better fight. The 1st 4 rounds look almost carbon copy of the Wilder-Ortiz fight. The big difference was Wilder-Ortiz was more cerebral as you stated, with a good lefty-righty contrast.

AJ-Wlad had more drama because punched himself out in the 5th, bought into his own hype in the process. Then, old Wlad came back and dropped him. So, it was more dramatic - not better. Unlike AJ, Wilder took multiple punches and did not go down. AJ went down on a 1-2 and needed 10 years to recover and get back into the fight.

Comment

Wilder showed heart and will to win. But I think he survived mainly because Ortiz lost his cool when he had him hurt and started flailing and smothering his own punches. Then he ran out of steam and, because of his age and poor condition, had no second wind to find afterwards.
          Ortiz was not flailing his shots against Wilder. He was quite tactical - went to the head, to the body and varied his punches despite Wilder trying to hold on to him. Ortiz did what AJ does best - punch himself out. Unlike Wlad, Wilder probably has the best stamina of the heavyweights so he needed 1 round to recover and take out Ortiz. AJ needed 3 - 4 rounds I think to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i'd hope the fights are good and have them fight three times in the next five years, the way many HW rivals have.

of course you're scared for your guy. he's you guy!. i don't have a guy! i want good fights and i want HW to do well. i'd love to see wilder get his head taken off if joshua is the better man. and vice versa! it will be exciting.

act like i'm a wilder fanboy. please. it's been a long week and i need to laugh.
            I'm not an AJ fanboy either. He's a yes man who's strings are being pulled by a PR team and he's being protected by the UK establishment, which includes UKAD.

I believe his explanation that a hacker posted those black power tweets from his account, but the fact that the story never broke in the UK mainstream media was very telling.

I still think he's a hell of a fighter doe, and all this talk about he and Hearn being scared of Wilder is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
              Ortiz was not flailing his shots against Wilder. He was quite tactical - went to the head, to the body and varied his punches despite Wilder trying to hold on to him. Ortiz did what AJ does best - punch himself out. Unlike Wlad, Wilder probably has the best stamina of the heavyweights so he needed 1 round to recover and take out Ortiz. AJ needed 3 - 4 rounds I think to recover.
              I'm not saying AJ has more stamina than Wilder .. he doesn't.

What I'm saying is that Ortiz has terrible cardio fitness for a world class boxer, and his poor conditioning was major factor in the outcome of the fight.

Comment

I'm not an AJ fanboy either. He's a yes man who's strings are being pulled by a PR team and he's being protected by the UK establishment, which includes UKAD.

I believe his explanation that a hacker posted those black power tweets from his account, but the fact that the story never broke in the UK mainstream media was very telling.

I still think he's a hell of a fighter doe, and all this talk about he and Hearn being scared of Wilder is laughable.

eddie hearn controls the fighter who brings in more money, wilder. he's not making the remakrs of a promotor looking to take the fight right away and promote the biggest fight in teh world. .

Comment

Agree on most of what you said. However, I don't think the AJ-Wlad fight was the better fight. The 1st 4 rounds look almost carbon copy of the Wilder-Ortiz fight. The big difference was Wilder-Ortiz was more cerebral as you stated, with a good lefty-righty contrast.

AJ-Wlad had more drama because punched himself out in the 5th, bought into his own hype in the process. Then, old Wlad came back and dropped him. So, it was more dramatic - not better. Unlike AJ, Wilder took multiple punches and did not go down. AJ went down on a 1-2 and needed 10 years to recover and get back into the fight.
                  Totally agree. The only reason why I have Joshua-Klitschko as the better fight is because we got a lot more than expected. This wasn't your usual boring clinch fest we've gotten use to with Klitschko. He came to fight. And AJ showed the heart of a boxer who had been in 40 or 50 fights, not the heart of someone being over his head with only 18 fights. Take out the drama and the story line of AJ-Klit and hands down Wilder-Ortiz is the better fight. It's really semantics so you're not wrong.

Good post btw.

Comment

But Wlad, even at 41 yo, was still out of sight better than Ortiz has ever been or ever will be. The level of the opponents has got to be taken into account when comparing the performances of 2 fighters in different fights.

Comment

I'm not saying AJ has more stamina than Wilder .. he doesn't.

What I'm saying is that Ortiz has terrible cardio fitness for a world class boxer, and his poor conditioning was major factor in the outcome of the fight.
                      Got you, bro. I thought Ortiz was in one of the best shapes he has even been. He just punched himself out in the 7th round trying to get Wilder out. But that's a catch-22. If he was too patient, people will blame him for not jumping on Wilder. If he was to aggressive (as in this fight), he punches himself out. Even AJ did the same against Wlad too. I just think they carry too much bulk to keep punching like they did - it affects their stamina.

Comment

Working...
                      X