Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did HBO FAIL For Telling BOB They DIDNT Want Rigo? ESPN Could BREW a RIGOLOMA Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
    Promoters are just getting lazy. Even the UFC tries to tell fighters its their fault they cant draw.

Promoters just want guys who push themselves.
    Honestly, you can't even really say that, tbh. DiBella is still busting his hump to raise the profile for boxing in New York/Northeast, Mayweather Promotions does a good job in matching their guys solid on their shows, Yvon Michel has built up the scene in Montreal, Matchroom Sport has done wonders for the sport in the UK. Roc Nation made an earnest run of things as an outfit, and even the WBSS is an example of effort being put forward to actually promote.

The UFC has never even really been all that good of promoters, tbh; having PrideFC fold when it did, followed by Strikeforce/WEC folding shortly after that, basically put UFC in a position where they simply matched whatever name fighters that the company picked up, and pushed the folks until they got beat.

Ronda Rousey was basically the last star by acquisition, and then you had the launch of Conor McGregor (who basically made his own stardom).

With no talent really out to poach at this point (though Bellator is starting to build something), UFC has stalled in a big way.

I honestly think it has more to do with a lot of the old promoters not really giving a **** anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      I would love ESPN to become the home of boxing. **** HBO, Showtime, and their PPVs.

And Pac/Horn into Loma/Rigo is a GREAT start btw
      ESPN isn't going to put up the money to become "the home of boxing", and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Comment

Working...
      X