No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. vs Andre Ward - SMW/LHW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
    Roy was about as unbeatable as you could get in his prime. Not that you ever saw his prime.
    antonio tarver didnt get the memo....

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
      Roy was a beast but Ward IMO is a model pro and I don't think we'll see him box way past his prime like Jones is guilty of. I think the whole career counts. I have great memories of Jones from my young adulthood though.
      I think Ward may have disarmed Jones best skills and made him fight a fight he didn't plan on partaking in.
      I definitely don't think we'll see Andre fight way beyond his best like Roy did. I don't think we'll see him fight even into his late 30's. Although you ever know.

Regarding a fight, Andre would have tried to have made it a close, inside fight. But again, I don't see how he'd have coped with Roy's blazing speed. I think it would have been quite a boring U/D for Roy, with both guys fighting cautiously with lots of feints and posturing etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
        I respect ur opinion. Honestly I dont see how anyone beats Ward. Hasnt lost a fight since he was a pre teen.

We know now Roy chin is suspect.

Roy no Broner, but Broner vs Garcia we saw boxing fundamental vs flash.
        Guess what?

Boxing technique comes out on top. Plus u can never discount Ward will to win.
        It makes no difference that he hasn't lost a fight since he was a teen.

Roy was a phenom in his prime, and although Andre is a more fundamentally sound fighter, it wouldn't have compensated for Roy's unorthadox style and speed.

Regarding Broner, he and Roy are worlds apart. Broner's not even an A level fighter. Roy wasn't just flash. And if technical skill could overcome that, Hopkins and Toney would have beaten him.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          antonio tarver didnt get the memo....
          You obviously missed the word: "Prime"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            hmm stay delusional. kovalev outlanded him in most the rounds so of course he won. he should have been dq'd vs kessler thats for sure. maybe even against bika as well. he won as far as punches but in extracurricular activity it was a farce but since the ref was blinded by his amazing slick skills he did nothing and forgot the rules. remember when roy commited one foul and got dq'd.....ward threw how many headbutts and low blows??? this is why not many people like the entitled ward who doesnt follow the rules. roy never had to do that kind of crap to beat robotic figthers like kessler.
            Lol. You know more about Wards career than most of his fans. I bet you secretly been turned to the Dark side.

I bet u a closet fanboy. And the more sucess he has the harder its going to be to deny.

He just knocked out Kovalev a P4P fighter. Hopefully he has a part in the new Creed movie too. Hopefully he knocks Adonis ass out again.

Comment

Jones never fought anyone in their prime with the boxing iq of Ward. Toney has skill but not the ring iq. Ward never fought anyone with the raw talent of jones as it's once an a lifetime talent. I always pick smarts and determination over talent and even skill. If they fought I think Ward wins 2/3 fights

Comment

Working...
              X