Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So tired of hearing boxers complain about how hard it is to make weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When its done right its a very big advantage on fight night , thats why they do it , if your not endowed with great ability or great power its means a lot to be the bigger guy on fight night .

Its easy for you to sit behind a keyboard and make judgement .
    The bold is true because most of the time they're rehydrating to a higher weight class than their opponent come fight night. I know it's allowed for the moment but it's an unsportsman like advantage in my opinion.

Comment

Fighters need to be training year round, even though i dont really like floyd mayweather i respect his work ethic.

I understand that they have money and are young so are probably out partying and not training between fights, but they need to change these habits and sacrifice more to be an elite boxer.

Comment

Does this means Fighter A loses "because he was weight drained" excuse is invalid? hmmm..

Comment

Hard to lose weight is still reasonable but health come first.

Comment

Move up or eat clean, lazy ass mofos in boxing man. They just want a size advantage sap as much weight because of the day before weigh in and do a 24 hour hydration to gain back the size. They need to bring back same day weigh ins with water testing to see if they have enough fluids in their body if they dont they cannot fight, like they would do in wrestling.

They are so lazy, back with same day weigh ins boxers would rarely balloon in weight only a few did it, now its common the majority of boxers will balloon in weight.

The heavyweights today are even overweight, back in the day the heavyweights wanted to be as lean and fit as possible weighing no more than 215 at times, now these guys are lazy thinking since their is no weight limit they can eat whatever they please and weigh in 240 plus pounds.

Only a handful of boxers today actually stay in good shape, Rigondeaux, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Marquez, Golovkin, Hopkins, Klitschko, Andre Ward, Froch, are just a few that come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              If its that hard to make weight then guess what?....You're in the wrong weight class dummy. If you have to step on the scales looking like a corpse then you need to move up and stop complaining.

This goes for pretty much all of Robert Garcia's fighters.
              Thank you!

I've been saying this forever, you got 140lbers coming in at 165 on fight night.
              And yet a TRUE 147lber can get crap for picking on a "smaller man"
              This is crazy man
              Last edited by blacraven; 01-13-2015, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X