No announcement yet.

The Big Bang Theory......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    so somebody is expecting some lectures on bosons and fermions related to string theories are browsing BS lounge???

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      The idea that the universe burst forth from nothing is among the most absurd fantasies yet created by mankind.

The natural way that nature works does not permit such a thing. Yet, we dispense with the natural laws of nature and accept the notion anyway. The danger of notions such as this is that they intefere with and prevent a better understanding of the true nature of the universe.
      which according to you is????????

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        came in here wanting to see Boxingscene's pseudo intellectuals debating... instead I got nothing
        Took a little bit for I do believe the thread is starting to take it's rightful course as it was intened.....what's your take on the BB theory?.....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
          Took a little bit for I do believe the thread is starting to take it's rightful course as it was intened.....what's your take on the BB theory?.....
          There are just as many gaping holes in the Big Bang Theory, as in the Theory of Evolution.

If I wasn't @work, I'd indulge ... but I will state this, some Scientists have and are developing a very bad habit of constantly theorizing the theory, or linking so many theories together that it would take a billion years to just sort it out.

This is almost as bad as so-called religious persons, when asked about their understanding of the religion they claim to follow -- Jesus did everything or had a hand in everything that cannot be explained.

Has it become that hard to just state;
          "I Don't Know or We Don't Know"

In any case ............. I'll be back!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            There are just as many gaping holes in the Big Bang Theory, as in the Theory of Evolution.
            What are the "gaping holes" in the Theory of Evolution?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              What are the "gaping holes" in the Theory of Evolution?
              Transitional fossils (or lack there of) are pretty "gaping" holes wouldn't you say?

Comment

Transitional fossils (or lack there of) are pretty "gaping" holes wouldn't you say?
                Thousands of 'transitional' fossils have been uncovered. Although every species is in a state of transition (including us humans, yes we are still evolving), and thus every fossil uncovered can be considered 'transitional'.

But anyway, the following transitional fossils have been uncovered:

-Transitions from primitive fish to sharks, skates, rays
                -Transitions from primitive fish to bony fish
                -Transition from fishes to first amphibians
                -Transitions among amphibians
                -Transition from amphibians to first reptiles
                -Transition from reptiles to first mammals
                -Transition from reptiles to first birds

Even more transitional fossils have been uncovered for the following:

Primates
                Bats
                Carnivores
                Rodents
                Lagomorphs (rabbits & hares)
                Condylarths (first hoofed animals)
                Cetaceans (whales & dolphins)
                Perissodactyls (horses, rhinos, tapirs)
                Elephants
                Sirenians (dugongs & manatees)
                Artiodactyls (pigs, hippos, deer, giraffes, cows, etc.)

If you care at all about the truth on this subject, you'd visit http://talkorigins.org

Of course there are gaps still, but you must realize that the fossilization process is an extraordinarily rare one, that requires the perfect conditions. It's amazing that we have any fossils at all.
                Last edited by deliveryman; 12-20-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Good point!!

IMHO, people shouldn't get too uptight whenever it is suggested that there are discoveries challenging the theory of evolution and its coinciding natural selection process. Conceptually it was a reasonable hypothesis given the lack of hard supporting data during Darwin's time. He actually nailed the origin of man {Africa} long before there was sufficient evidence to support the idea.

But when as we delve deeper into the "Natural Selection" hypothesis today, taking into consideration the many fossilized discoveries, we still cannot state with certainty that the theory in unquestionable and supported by evidence. {and when I state "we" I'm referring to accomplished archaeologist's}

When someone states "Gaps, what gaps?" in reply to the suggestion that the theory of evolution still has enormous gaps that need to be filled -- It doesn't necessarily suggest that they are unwilling to accept recent archaeological data and findings, just that they may be unaware.

Here are two very interesting quotes:
                  "Liking or not liking a certain word is not the issue, but in science adequately defining a key word is mandatory. Living things undoubtedly change, but they exhibit only variation within discrete kinds of plants and animals in the fossil record and in experiments. Observable, vertical evolution always eludes evolutionists."

"An issue of Scientific American stated, “But with so little evidence to go on, the origin of our genus has remained as mysterious as ever,” and a popular British magazine lamented: “We thought we had just about nailed human evolution, now everything is up for grabs again.” A well-known paleoanthropologist at George Washington University said, “The origin of our own genus remains frustratingly unclear.”"
                  Source: http://eyeonicr.wordpress.com/2012/0...key-evolution/

Now when reading this article along with many others that can be easily referenced, there isn't only significant doubt, but unquestionable doubt being exhibited by the experts. And I'm not talking about smart reader's who have a formulated opinion -- These doubts are from those who are in the best possible position to validate the theory of evolution ... Archeologist's.

One of the most recent discoveries:

Fossils in Kenya Challenge Linear Evolution

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/09/sc...d&oref=slogin&

Excerpt: Scientists who dated and analyzed the specimens — a 1.44-million-year-old **** habilis and a 1.55-million-year-old **** erectus found in 2000 — said their findings challenged the conventional view that these species evolved one after the other. Instead, they apparently lived side by side in eastern Africa for almost half a million years.

Comment

An early and enduring advanced technology originating 71,000 years ago in South Africa

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture11660.html

Excerpt: The report describes the stone tools as microliths, thin blades about only an inch long that could be affixed to wood or bone. These tipped projectiles were either arrows propelled by bows or, more likely, spears launched by atlatls, wooden extensions of the throwing arm that act as a lever, imparting greater speeds and distances to the weapon. This technology, the researchers said, may have been pivotal to the success of **** sapiens as humans left Africa and entered Eurasia some 50,000 years ago, encountering Neanderthals who were limited to hand-thrown spears.

Point: When thinking about the transitional fossils that would support evolution, we have to consider that Archeologists still haven't found the beginning of **** sapiens.
                    Last edited by arraamis; 12-20-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      lol.

"The natural way that nature works" Classic!

So you believe in an infinite regress? Or a creator?

btw, the show does suck. I watched a few episodes in complete silence in a room full of stoned fools (i was one of them). Smoking makes the bad worse, and the good better.
                      this is so true. smoking makes the bad worse, the good better and yes i tried to give that show a chance because of couco but its so ****ing lame and that ****sexual is just too cringe worthy (nothing against ****sexuals and i actually support gay marriage).

Comment

Working...
                      X