No announcement yet.

Who are you rooting for. And Why. Sergio or Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EveryDayDrew View Post
    I like both...I do not like Chavez's work ethic but I would rather see Chavez win...he will have the longer career...and it does more for boxing...

Sergio will most likely win but all it does is set up fantasy fights Sergio won't get or fight.
    I somewhat agree with this. It's probably better for the sport if Chavez wins

Comment

• I'm rooting for JR because I caught so many of his early fights on Solo Boxeo and enjoyed watching him struggle through some pretty entertaining fights. Plus, I never thought he would end up being a fighter much less make it into a fight like this one. He was just that kid, when I was a kid, who I'd see on TV riding around on someone's shoulder during SR's ring walks lol. He's not his pops, but some of that carried over for me I think...and even when he was a twig, when I saw the left hook to the body it resembled SRs so much I got visions lol.

If I hadn't seen so many of his fights as they happened, I don't know if I would have ended up being a fan or believing that he can beat Sergio. like many of u, i like to follow as many young fighters as i can as they come up and its been about 7yrs of convincing total now, and its only been within the past 2ys that I started to really believe he could hang. After Pavlik, I was convinced JR could beat sergio so ive been waiting for the fight to happen for a while. very excited to see Sergio fight too ....got my tickets see u fight night!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        I'm rooting for JR because I caught so many of his early fights on Solo Boxeo and enjoyed watching him struggle through some pretty entertaining fights. Plus, I never thought he would end up being a fighter much less make it into a fight like this one. He was just that kid, when I was a kid, who I'd see on TV riding around on someone's shoulder during SR's ring walks lol. He's not his pops, but some of that carried over for me I think...and even when he was a twig, when I saw the left hook to the body it resembled SRs so much I got visions lol.

If I hadn't seen so many of his fights as they happened, I don't know if I would have ended up being a fan or believing that he can beat Sergio. like many of u, i like to follow as many young fighters as i can as they come up and its been about 7yrs of convincing total now, and its only been within the past 2ys that I started to really believe he could hang. After Pavlik, I was convinced JR could beat sergio so ive been waiting for the fight to happen for a while. very excited to see Sergio fight too ....got my tickets see u fight night!!
        Good post. Best answer yet from anyone rooting for Junior lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coyotefury View Post
          I'm rooting for Sergio Martinez, as a true boxing fan I have no choice but to root for a real boxer that trains hard and is dedicated an has skill and abilities and acts like a true warrior in and outside the ring. Only casual fans support a casual boxer that is a lil rich *****, snot nose spoiled little punk that treats his profession like as if it were a hobby, living off of daddy's name and in his shadow, letting daddy fight his verbal battles cu when he tries himself he comes of looking and sounding like a complete idiot, that isn't dedicated and is lazy as Fuk.

So yea, I'm going for Sergio
          Agreed.

For I don't need to root for either boxer because I know Marravilla will win this, hands down. The only way Maravilla loses is by Dec in a robbery.

Maravilla in 9 or 10rds via TKO, or KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
            Agreed.

For I don't need to root for either boxer because I know Marravilla will win this, hands down. The only way Maravilla loses is by Dec in a robbery.

Maravilla in 9 or 10rds via TKO, or KO.
            Robbery is a big concern. If Sergio wins 8-4 I think Jr gets it.

I think if Sergio don't stop Jr, he will have to win a 9-3 10-2 kind of decision to get a SD type of win.
            It just makes no sense for the judges to give it to a 39 year old man over a 26 year old cash cow. Sadly that's how it is, that's why I'm hoping for a Sergio tko or ko in the later rounds.

Comment

I know Marravilla will win this, hands down. The only way Maravilla loses is by Dec in a robbery.
              At the press conference, Lou DiBella said that Sergio Martinez lived in poverty as a young child.

On September 15th, Chavez Jr. is going to make that seem like a piece of cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
                Robbery is a big concern. If Sergio wins 8-4 I think Jr gets it.

I think if Sergio don't stop Jr, he will have to win a 9-3 10-2 kind of decision to get a SD type of win.
                It just makes no sense for the judges to give it to a 39 year old man over a 26 year old cash cow. Sadly that's how it is, that's why I'm hoping for a Sergio tko or ko in the later rounds.
                Agreed, having Arum in his corner is a big concern. Maravilla pretty much has to KO Jr.

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                At the press conference, Lou DiBella said that Sergio Martinez lived in poverty as a young child.

On September 15th, Chavez Jr. is going to make that seem like a piece of cake.
                Sure buddy, just do me one little favor...please don't leave the Boxing Scene forums after the 9/15.

If, and it's a huge if Sergio loses; I will admit I was wrong and give pros to Jr. and I will not leave BoxingScene or change my username.
                Last edited by fceeviper; 09-12-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Rooting for sergio. Better work ethic and the way he can move around the ring at damn near 40 is a phenom. He needs this to get back the title that was unfairly taken from him. Chavez is just a plodder with strengthg that can put punches together. Elite boxer he is not. Plus his attitude is aggravating as well. Def want sergio to dust this kid off.

A loss for Chavez is no big deal it won't effect his drawing power. A loss for martinez would bury him.

Comment

If, and it's a huge if Sergio loses; I will admit I was wrong and give pros to Jr. and I will not leave BoxingScene or change my username.
                    That's up to you.

I won't be bumping any posts or saying "I told you so" because beating a bum like Sergio is nothing to brag about.

On September 16th, we are done with Sergio. Andre Ward will be our focus.

Comment

• Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                      I won't be bumping any posts or saying "I told you so"
                      Same here, there's no need to. I know Maravilla will win, so there's no need to gloat. Just don't leave B-S or change your username.

Comment

Working...
                      X