No announcement yet.

Video: Barrera vs hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    talk about self ownage ... go to about 30 seconds in.

what do you naz fans have to say in response to your man's words? lol

I never saw this before. this is the first time Ive seen him humbled. I actually have a little more respect for him now

Comment

Interesting....

I was just watching this fight last night. Barrera truly outclassed Hamed. The man was stupid in the sense that he honestly believed all it took was one solid punch to beat Barrera. He never tried setting up combos, nor could he, as Barrera kept him at bay with his lethal jab. It wasn't a great fight, yet it was intriguing to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
        This fight to me was a disgrace. Hamed should have never been wrestled inside the ring by Barrera. Joe Cortez should have given deduction points for Barrera's unsportsmanlike behaviour with the bunny punch, low blows, excessive holding, and throwing Hamed against the corner poles.

Stupid Steward hated Barrera so much that when he fought Pacquiao for the first time all Steward said was how shot Barrera wasGet over it and how old he was when the guy was just 28 or 29 years old. This was the best Barrera ever was he just won against Erik Morales, Naseem Hamed, and Jhonny Tapia.

Also, after his lost against Pacquiao. Steward was so happy that whenever the topic of Barrera comes up he destroys him every time. He can never forgive Barrera how he destroyed Hamed. Steward was Hamed's personal trainer. If you notice for at least a year, Steward avoided Barrera's fight as a commentator.

Barrera was at the top this was the equivalent of him being Floyd beating high profiled fighters before facing a relative unknown then being pulverized by the underdog. But because the commentator was so anti-Barrera and was so biased, Steward gave off stupid commentaries ruining one of boxing's big upset. Barrera old, slow, and over the hill. Sure, Steward just because your boxer, Hamed, was robbed doesn't mean what Pacquiao did to Barrera was due to the punishment Hamed did to Barrera. Hamed did nothing against Barrera he was wrestled to the ground and his one KO punch power never came through.
        Get over it, and yourself, you *****. Hamed was more dirty than Barrera and it was always in retaliation to some dirty tactic by Hamed that Barrera did anything. The wrestling to the ground? It was because Hamed was wrestling Barrera and had him in a headlock you moron.

All the smack Hamed talked, well you have to back it up. If you try to fight dirty like Hamed did (hitting on the breaks, backhands, wrestling etc) and someone retaliates then you well and truly deserve it. He deserved everything he got. It was grand scale boxing pwnage.

Talk about having a whinge "Barrera should have been disqualified" "Barrera should have had points deducted" "Barrera was holding, low blowing, rabbit punching" blah blah blah. Go watch the fight again....this time though? Take the blinders off.

I hate people that whine about that fight and Barrera's supposed dirty fighting. It was all in retaliation to Hamed trying to stupid **** that he normally got away with. All Barrera did was retaliate and not let him get away with hitting on the breaks, headlocks etc.

Comment

Past prime Barrera still beat the very dangerous puncer in Hamed.

Everyone counted Barrera out. Hell of a performance.

Hamed gets little credit but he did have a very good career.

Comment

Barrera did beat Hamed fair and sqaure

However if anyone watched the documentary of Hamed training for the fight it was pathetic. Hamed trained for that fight like a diva, if had he trained hard i feel he could have gave a better display

Whatever one says about Hamed, he had all the tools to be a legend, great reflexes, fast hands, ko power, i feel only Brendan Ingle was the one who knew how to deal with his style, he should have never changed trainers - that was the beginning of the end

Hamed is one of the boxers that the sport needed, he was a great entertainer and fun to watch
            Last edited by FrankieBruno; 04-27-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
              Interesting....

I was just watching this fight last night. Barrera truly outclassed Hamed. The man was stupid in the sense that he honestly believed all it took was one solid punch to beat Barrera. He never tried setting up combos, nor could he, as Barrera kept him at bay with his lethal jab. It wasn't a great fight, yet it was intriguing to watch.
              but it was my friend, it was.

Comment

Working...
              X