No announcement yet.

Pac/Marquez weight issues. 140/147lb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac/Marquez weight issues. 140/147lb

Why does it matter if the fights at 140 or 147lb? Come fight night they will be 1-2lbs apart. So who the F cares what weight they fight at..
    Yes
    29.63%
    No
    70.37%

Unfortunately ts not really Pacquiao's perogative to move down in weight for Marquez. I dont know why people dont get this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Unfortunately ts not really Pacquiao's perogative to move down in weight for Marquez. I dont know why people dont get this.
      I'm sure he doesn't want to because he controls the terms of negotiations. But as far as it being an issue, I don't see it. It's annoying hearing some people complain about the fight taking place at 147lb. Ignorant people

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
        I'm sure he doesn't want to because he controls the terms of negotiations. But as far as it being an issue, I don't see it. It's annoying hearing some people complain about the fight taking place at 147lb. Ignorant people
        I don't see the issue either both would probably be the same size on FN at 140 or 147. They should just do a come as you are fight for this if it ever happened, we all already know Pac is just slightly bigger than him.

Comment

doesn't matter
          Pac murders Marquez at either weight

Comment

I dont get why people think it will be more competitive just because its at 140

Only thing that can make it more competitive is if Pac comes in drained and weakened

But why would Pac move down in weight for him? Not only does he call the shots but he also holds the 147 belt

Comment

JMM wouldnt need to dehydrate fighting Pac. He can just stay on his fighting weight which is 144 lbs. Manny would be the same. Weight is not an issue.

Comment

They really should fight at 140 to meet in the middle, but Marquez has agreed to fighting at 147 or at least insists a catchweight of 142-144. So weight is really not a major issue unless Manny blows up to 150+ And this isn't for a title, at least I hope so. I won't take these talks seriously until after May 7 when negotiations start.

Comment

It's only an issue for Marquez because he looked flabby at 145 when he fought Floyd, whereas Pacquaio has become a beast with the extra poundage.

I think JMM wants it so bad he will agree to 147 and they will both weigh in at 144-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
                    They really should fight at 140 to meet in the middle, but Marquez has agreed to fighting at 147 or at least insists a catchweight of 142-144. And this isn't for a title, at least I hope so. I won't take these talks seriously until after May 7 when negotiations start.
                    It would be for a title if over 140

Comment

Working...
                    X