Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else shocked Floyd hasn't shown interest in fighting Margarito now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
    You would think after what boxing was doing for Cotto, that Mayweather would jump at the chance to steal the thunder of the other big welters and take on Antonio. This fight is worth risking an 0 over imo, because the added legacy it brings can immortalize a fighter. And we all know exactly what we're going to get, so I'm not in the least bit bored by the notion.

Can Floyd stay busy going backwards for 12 rounds and avoid Margarito's onslaught?

Can Antonio slow Mayweather down enough to mount his attack for the win?

What do yall think?
    I ran a poll, and the general consensus was that a Margarito win would do very little to enhance FMJ's legacy.

Comment

?

I meant it's worth Floyd losing not Margarito winning. Before Cotto, if Mayweather lost to Margarito it would've meant everything to the skeptics who questioned his supremacy. Now, even if Floyd lost, it wouldn't be the end of the world in status because Marg looks like a world beater.

Comment

To be fair, Floyd says he's retired therefore he has the right to act like he is retired. He hasn't even discussed fighting in theoretical terms yet.

Comment

Another way of saying that Margarito is the most feared fighter in the sport is, "Margarito has the distinction of promising the most risk while offering the least reward."

If there was one fighter in the world I wouldn't want to fight, it honestly would be Antonio Margarito. He doesn't get hurt, and he doesn't get tired. Am I that confident in both my defense and conditioning that I can potshot him all night to a decision victory? I know boxers are an arrogant bunch, but... I don't know how many of them would want to take the Pepsi Challenge on that one.

Comment

floyd is shot and old
            why u want him to step in the ring and get killed?

Comment

The only things i can see Floyd gaining from fighting Margarito is the fact that he is the most feared man in the sport so he can say he kicked the ass of the most feared man in boxing. The other is that he would think it means he can beat Cotto because Margarito beat Cotto. He will use the old triangle theory of "well Margarito beat Cotto so therefore if i beat Margarito then i'm better than Cotto aswel". Obviously the triangle theories don't work but once Mayweather has said it all the Mayweather fans will think it is true because he said it and therefore he is the best, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
                I ran a poll, and the general consensus was that a Margarito win would do very little to enhance FMJ's legacy.
                not to question the integrity of the poll, but were those who voted that it would do little to enhance FMJ's legacy mostly Coalition members and die hard, seemingly unobjective, Floyd fans?

Comment

Originally posted by VIVA MEXICO!! View Post
                  im not shocked at all. im sure that performance put even more fear into that cowards heart.
                  If they ever fight you should load a gun into your mouth and shoot yourself.

Will do that? If not you are the coward.

Comment

Stop talking about Floyd already he made like 15-20 mil against DLH and wants 100 mil to face Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      I dont think Floyd has done that yet for 2 reasons.

1 is that he hasnt been retired long enough. He's still doing alright for now but quickly his name is diminishing and I think he's also realizing that if your not the Champ then people still dont show you the love in the real world that they do when you are. People gave him alot of oppurtunites to do big things because of boxing and without it I think those will diminish which will make him want to get back in the limelight. He will also definatly start getting the itch again pretty soon as its hard to just stop cold turkey like that espically when you know that you can still do some great things.

The 2nd reason is that I think Floyd is honestly banking on Margarito. He saw what Clottey & Cotto did to him in terms of boxing so I know he's confident but I also think that he feels that Margarito will still fight some big names and win, which would make there fight that much bigger. People clowned him for turning down the 8mil but at that time Margarito was just a name with nothing to back it up. Now he's got some huge wins and is more popular so Floyd could make way more then that 8 if they fight. If he holds out longer and Margarito beats a Williams or Cotto in a rematch then the fight is super huge. Floyd is smart about that stuff.
                      I pretty much echo the same reasoning. It's all about the economics of a fight to him.

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                      Stop talking about Floyd already he made like 15-20 mil against DLH and wants 100 mil to face Tony.
                      I wouldn't doubt that for a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X