Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did the Byrd scorecard damage your enjoyment of the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    get the **** out of here were the first words out of my mouth when I heard 118-110.

it made me not want to see a rematch. there is no point now, we know GBP has a judge in every canelo fight. the jig is up
    8 people left my house all saying that boxing was a complete joke. These aren't harcore fans either, but I can assure you that they could care even less about the sport now.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
      get the **** out of here were the first words out of my mouth when I heard 118-110.

it made me not want to see a rematch. there is no point now, we know GBP has a judge in every canelo fight. the jig is up
      Yeah, it makes you just shrug your shoulders and think 'what's the point?'. Especially when that exact scenario has been a talking point before the fight.

I read a piece on Boxing News Online after the fight. The guy was saying that after the Mayweather/McGregor fight boxing may have had a new found audience and had a chance to get them to stick around with a big fight like this.
      But after the fight, how to you explain that scorecard to new fans. You couldn't even begin to.

Comment

Originally posted by haute-KO View Post
        Yes the Byrd card was bad. Burt Clemens, Glen Trowbridge, John McKaie were criticized for being purchased judges in Las Vegas also. No judge made Kovalev the winner. It is very possible Byrd was not impressed with Gennady Golovkin performance. The draw is best and most reasonable. Most boxing fans should be proud of the fight.

Thank you for posting this!!! Yes!!

This was flawless work.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          To me this video shows GGG controlling most of the fight and Canelo backing-up and taking more than giving.
          No it doesn't. The video shows Canelo boxing his opponent's ears off and landing more significant punches each and every single round.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Like lets say the Byrd scorecard was 7-5 Canelo or 6-6 even & the fight was still a draw how much would that have altered your opinion about this fight vs the 10-2 Canelo card she turned in?

Been hearing a lot of podcasts that see the draw + 3 way split decision as a reasonable outcome to this fight, but that scorecard as their biggest problem in an overall fun & entertaining fight.
            Absolutely none. The fight was over and I had processed it before the score was read. I enjoyed the fight and thought her card sucked.

Comment

If we had got the right result, then it wouldn't have mattered how ridiculous the 3rd score was.

Comment

Since the result card was handed in after the fight itself, it didn’t take away anything from me enjoying the actual fight.

It did however confirm how dirty and incompetent the NSAC is. Oh well, typical Vegas.

Comment

It was annoying, but didn't damage any enjoyment.

But if the 114-114 card was a W for GGG, then people wouldn't complain much either. It would be like the Mayweather-Canelo scorecards, where the end result was right despite the one idiot judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Like lets say the Byrd scorecard was 7-5 Canelo or 6-6 even & the fight was still a draw how much would that have altered your opinion about this fight vs the 10-2 Canelo card she turned in?

Been hearing a lot of podcasts that see the draw + 3 way split decision as a reasonable outcome to this fight, but that scorecard as their biggest problem in an overall fun & entertaining fight.
                    I think the major problem here is that people were saying before the fight that this type of ***** would happen with Byrd (My boy teddy was/is very vocal about it) and then it did. So it kind of start the creative juice flowing that maybe, just maybe, this particular judge is biased (or paid by) towards a fighter or promoter so it makes u wonder. 118-110 having GGG winning only 2 rounds is a disgrace being that EVERYBODY saw a close fight including 2 judges that were on your side, so how can you justify that? How did you not see the work that one fighter put in? It's as if you were only watching what one fighter was doing and you wouldn't give a crap about the other AKA favoritism.

Comment

it pissed me off but the verdict of the draw as a whole pissed me off more.

Comment

Working...
                      X