Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best resale value of all-time for a vehicle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Best resale value of all-time for a vehicle?

I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma, 4x4, V6 4.0, TRD offroad package (rear-lockers), 6-speed manual transmission (automatics are for *******), extended cab (wsh I would have gotten 4-door model; but it's handy in situatons where you're going out, or on a road trip because it excludes you from having to drive )...

It has some features on it, but I didn't get it fully loaded or anything with the JBL sound package, etc...

I paid just under 28k for it out the door.... Brand new... So I've had it for just about 6 years now.

It has 45k miles on it... Blue book has its resale value at...

23k dollars?!?! That can't be right? Can it?

I checked other models, and did a trade-in value (rather than private party resale), adn I get anywhere from 18k to 23.5k!!!

Hahaha holy ****e!!?!?!
    Last edited by Rostov Papa; 01-21-2015, 02:09 AM.

Well, I'm thinking about either keeping it, and getting a daily commuter for work... A used 2002-2005 model Subaru WRX (used to have one, and I LOVE THESE CARS)...

Or, selling my truck/trading it in, and getting something really nice....

It holds such sentmental value to me, and it's SUCH A DAMN GOOD TRUCK, I want to keep it. You have no idea how handy a truck can be as well...

I mean, I've kept regular oil checks, tire rotations, balances, etc. all regular mantenance. This truck will probably last me another 30 years (seriouslly)... 300k miles on the same engine...

Or I could keep it another ten years, put about 100k miles on it, and STILL get like 10-12k out of it?

Comment

Seirousy, though, is there any other vehicle that you can get 6 years of solid use out of, put 45k miles on it, and get back 80% of what you paid for it?!?

Comment

a boat when you put rooms on it.. ask the old timers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
          Seirousy, though, is there any other vehicle that you can get 6 years of solid use out of, put 45k miles on it, and get back 80% of what you paid for it?!?
          A well maintain older classic will appreciate in 6 years. A 70's or 80's Porsche Targa will usually get you your purchase price and maintenance costs back when you sell it...often more. Older cars are also easier to service yourself than newer cars if you do your own servicing.

Something like this you can never go wrong with and it's not much money. It's also a pretty nice looking car for $6,500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Mo...-/141548504722

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
            a boat when you put rooms on it.. ask the old timers here.
            Hahaha I've actually heard this story about HORUS before.

Hahah the genius claimed that Floyd was smart because buying a boat (does Flyd even own a boat, though) is an investment. How can you improve the resale value of yuor boat? Simpe - add more rooms to it!!!

Comment

Working...
            X