Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Add Weight For Fury Rematch; Targets 245 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The WBC heavyweight champion understands, of course, that adding 30-plus pounds between their title bouts probably isn’t realistic. Wilder still wants to be noticeably heavier than the 212½ pounds he weighed for his 12-round split draw with Fury on December 1 at Staples Center in Los Angeles."

That's true, but 15-20lbs. is realistic! 230-235 would be perfect!

Comment

He needs to add more weight, I noticed the past 2 fights he's not responding to shots nearly as well as he used to in particular body shots. He's been gassing around the 8th round and that has a lot to do with a lack of durability.

Comment

Size was a factor in Fury’s game plan. He was able to lean, clinch, and push Wilder around the ring.

A major factor of the match.

But now way Wilder can go up to 245 and be fit in a short amount of time.
        I can see him adding 15 to 20 lbs of lean muscle in a year.
        Anything more would honestly be suspicious for PEDs.
        Nobody can gain 45 lbs of muscle without help.

He better hire somebody that knows what he is doing as a strength and conditioning coach.

Comment

He does need to add some weight. He's coming into these fights smaller and smaller seems like. He came in at 212 that's not gonna work much longer always being outweighed by nearly 40 pounds. He should at least be 225ish. I doubt he'll get up too 245 before the rematch.

Comment

U should add boxing skills to your skillset instead of muscles to your body D.
            Watch a few tapes or Leonard, Ali and Duran.

Weight never was a problem for you since neither Ortiz or Fury outgunned or bullied you.

You will telegraph even more your punches, be less mobile, be tired quickly, and so be a much easier target.

So if that little money rat finkel is a boxing physique expert then be fine D.

Comment

At the same time it could be both blessing and curse because if he comes in too heavy, then the haters are going to accuse of him of juicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Why would he want to do that? His advantages lie in his speed and stamina... putting on35Lbs is not going to make him into a master boxer and he already has more than enough power to get the stoppage. Makes no sense.
                Agreed. If anything it will slow him down and make furys footwork make him look worse. Plus if fury comes in lighter again and more mobile it could be a bad night for him

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  "The WBC heavyweight champion understands, of course, that adding 30-plus pounds between their title bouts probably isn’t realistic. Wilder still wants to be noticeably heavier than the 212½ pounds he weighed for his 12-round split draw with Fury on December 1 at Staples Center in Los Angeles."

That's true, but 15-20lbs. is realistic! 230-235 would be perfect!
                  Personally, I can't see him weighing a pound of over 219 lbs because he is a natural smaller guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                    He'll lose regardless of what weight he comes in at. Fury is the superior boxer.
                    A fury win is no guarantee. He was put on his back HARD on that fight people. I’m not saying he didn’t win despite the knockdowns, but if a pinch like that lands again there is no guarantee that Tyson beats the count again.

Bring on the rematch. Clashing styles like this is what I love about this sport. Especially when they play out as they did in the first fight.

Comment

To 245 lbs is the norm because that's what Wladimir Klitschko used to weigh and what Anthony Joshua weighs now. He'll be a lot of stronger with more stamina to burn with more force and power on his punches. I just hope it doesn't reduce his speed advantage.

However, he does need to cut back on his cardiovascular training. Not only is it making him much lighter but it's making him fatigue much earlier in fights also. He needs a new endurance and strength coach. Just an extra ten pounds at the weigh in and his stamina and endurance should be just fine. I say weighing between 219-222 lbs would be a great fit for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X