Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shoots Down, Rejects Tyson Fury's 'Lineal Title' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The WBA, IBF, IBO and WBO champion's main priority remains a clash with WBC title holder Deontay Wilder to become undisputed heavyweight king. But Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has revealed how Fury's claims that Joshua has borrowed his belts left the current champion frustrated.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    AJ is a paper champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      Hearn and some of the dopes on NSB simply want Joshua crowned as the best and undisputed without him actually fighting Fury or Wilder. Hearn knows this and plays them like a fiddle. Joshua is acting like a British champ who happens to hold a few world champ titles. And some of the Brits on this thread are okay with that.
      AJ i's not even the British champion, fury is

Comment

True but its Hughie Fury.

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
        AJ i's not even the British champion, fury is

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          We have all Ben through this but coming back after retirement to struggle past two really poor comebacks doesn’t warrant lineal status in my opinion.

Having said that, following his win over wilder I am more inclined to consider it than prior to the fight.
          Struggle past? Which bit of fury vs pianeta or seferi looked like he struggled? And also wether you start to acknowledge it or not no one cares you arrogant twerp your opinion is irrelevant..the facts, in the boxing history books show fury as the lineal champion and the only question was has he lost it in this time off, yet he's proven he still has it and dared to fight the most dangerous champion in the world today , it is quite clear to anyone with sense and knowledge that fury is the lineal champ. He didn't get his belts out the dustbin or elsewhere no he beat an 11year reigning champ..Joshua beat Parker a paper champ, Charles Martin lol and inactive klitschko without the magnitude of the pre fury klitschko. This stuff is really not rocket science it's quite simple really..And if you don't acknowledge lineal status then any Tom, dick or Harry who picks up a belt ie chagaev with the wba regular or charr now will be more of a credible champion than Tyson fury in your books ? Madness. And fury us ring magazine no.2 so AJ and wilder can unify but it won't be for the ring belt or lineal title it will.be for paper champion of the world . You must beat the man if he's still around and kicking and Tyson most definitely is

Comment

Fury claims the lineal title dates back to John L.Sullivan, however this is piffle as the lineage ended when Gene Tunney retired in 1928, then again when Rocky Marciano retired in 1955 & lastly when Lennox Lewis bowed out!

Comment

We have all Ben through this but coming back after retirement to struggle past two really poor comebacks doesn’t warrant lineal status in my opinion.

Having said that, following his win over wilder I am more inclined to consider it than prior to the fight.
              i dont think whether Fury is the lineal champ depends on your opinion no more than anyone else's. hes the man that beat the man so until AJ or Wilder beats him they cant fully legitimise them titles

Comment

Originally posted by allen23 View Post
                i dont think whether Fury is the lineal champ depends on your opinion no more than anyone else's. hes the man that beat the man so until AJ or Wilder beats him they cant fully legitimise them titles
                Equally so that’s your opinion but it’s rather split. I would say less than 1/2 considered fury lineal before the fight on the basis he retired/taking drugs suspension and then had a couple years out. In the mean time Joshua has become number one. Most said that Joshua wasn’t the lineal and rightly so but when Joshua faces either wilder or fury most would agree the lineal should then start again. Wilder cos fury is #2 vs #3 so shouldn’t be; unless Joshua loses beforehand.

Comment

Josh needs to beat fury to be lineal

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    Ok Hearn so if Joshua did fight Fury and win you wouldn't be saying that AJ is the Linesl Heavyweight champion.
                    GTFOH.
                    But even if Fury didn't have the title they're No.1 & 2 so wouldn't it just start a new line and Hearn would be correct either way?

Lineal and the belts don't matter too much in regards to who's the best as they've just got to fight eachother now.

Comment

Equally so that’s your opinion but it’s rather split. I would say less than 1/2 considered fury lineal before the fight on the basis he retired/taking drugs suspension and then had a couple years out. In the mean time Joshua has become number one. Most said that Joshua wasn’t the lineal and rightly so but when Joshua faces either wilder or fury most would agree the lineal should then start again. Wilder cos fury is #2 vs #3 so shouldn’t be; unless Joshua loses beforehand.
                      Most clueless heads thought wilder would walk through fury showing he has never got the respect he deserves for being the master boxer that he is. Wilder and joshua got handed them titles and u cant doubt either ones path since its clear the time now is to step up (especially for joshua). Americans have lost touch with the heavyweight division but over these neck of the woods real boxing fans know fury is the main man regardless of his extra curricular activities. Joshua has been aggressively promoted and rightly so hes the golden boy who could do no wrong but his last few performances have being flat and caget looking like a man more worried about not losing his titles rather than forging his own destiny. A prime Fury walks all over both AJ and Wilder i just hope he keeps in shape so he can prove so

Comment

Working...
                      X