Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    There was way more hype for Wilder Vs Fury bro, stop it
    Not around me lol

None of my casuals knew the fight was happening at all. They asked me about Broner and Pacquiao actually and how Floyd is fighting some Japanese guy

Not trying to spin things. Fury/Wilder had little to no hype and its PPV did like 280k? Its only now ppl are looking back on the fight happily due to controversy and a good action fight.

It's the same with Floyd and Manny, but you're too much of a CUCK to understand. That fight had years of hype..it was on the goddamn The View for christs sake. It did over 4.5 million buys at $100/view. It shattered EVERY expectation despite a lackluster press conference and boring weigh in. Went on to break every record ever.

However, people play that fight down all the time because it either didnt go the way they wanted or they felt unsatisfied with the actual fight.

The hype for a fight does not change AFTER the fight. Wilder and Fury had little to no hype
    Last edited by Bjl12; 12-08-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

man there is close to zero hype for this fight
      What's your point? This isn't a mega fight for Canelo. This isn't some "let's hop this fight sells X amount of buys or we'll tank" deal, and finally this isn't an 89.99 USD fight. For most, it's a free fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        The quality and production is very high. I don't know who the narrator is though either. The part that was most interesting and compelling to me was the footage showing Canelo watching his older Brother fight Brandon Rios. We always see this confident fighter Canelo but watching him vulnerable seeing his Brother who he has spoken many times as being his idol growing up take a beating. The part where he is saying stop the fight what are you waiting for him to die. That's a side of Canelo I never seen before. Pretty cool to see him not as a fighter but as concerned brother. Very good job from DAZN.
        it was his older brother that inspired him, the one that lost to trout, the one fighting rios was his younger brother who also lost to omar chavez... good stuff by the way ...
        Last edited by icha; 12-08-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          The quality and production is very high. I don't know who the narrator is though either. The part that was most interesting and compelling to me was the footage showing Canelo watching his older Brother fight Brandon Rios. We always see this confident fighter Canelo but watching him vulnerable seeing his Brother who he has spoken many times as being his idol growing up take a beating. The part where he is saying stop the fight what are you waiting for him to die. That's a side of Canelo I never seen before. Pretty cool to see him not as a fighter but as concerned brother. Very good job from DAZN.
          Completely agreed. Canelo's persona as a stoned-face fighter limits his marketability. Seeing him concerned or cracking jokes is much more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
            What's your point? This isn't a mega fight for Canelo. This isn't some "let's hop this fight sells X amount of buys or we'll tank" deal, and finally this isn't an 89.99 USD fight. For most, it's a free fight.
            My point is just like I said, there is zero hype for this fight. People on here are barely even talking about it

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              Not around me lol

None of my casuals knew the fight was happening at all. They asked me about Broner and Pacquiao actually and how Floyd is fighting some Japanese guy

Not trying to spin things. Fury/Wilder had little to no hype and its PPV did like 280k? Its only now ppl are looking back on the fight happily due to controversy and a good action fight.

It's the same with Floyd and Manny, but you're too much of a CUCK to understand. That fight had years of hype..it was on the goddamn The View for christs sake. It did over 4.5 million buys at $100/view. It shattered EVERY expectation despite a lackluster press conference and boring weigh in. Went on to break every record ever.

However, people play that fight down all the time because it either didnt go the way they wanted or they felt unsatisfied with the actual fight.

The hype for a fight does not change AFTER the fight. Wilder and Fury had little to no hype
              look at you, emotional. Now I see the title by your username and know why. Get lost fanboy. The fact is there was hype around Wilder vs Fury and there is almost none for this fight. Deal with it.

Comment

My point is just like I said, there is zero hype for this fight. People on here are barely even talking about it
                2 weeks before Wilder/Fury, there were almost zero posts about that fight.

I didn't point it out because I'm not a cooch lmao, and also I realized that fights gain traction in the days leading up to it.

Comment

This Rocky guy has to be better than Chavez Jr, right?

Is there a 164 catchweight for this one too?

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    This Rocky guy has to be better than Chavez Jr, right?

Is there a 164 catchweight for this one too?
                    No, it's at 168 for the WBA super middleweight championship.

Comment

I’ll be subscribing on the day of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X