Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the **** did Golovkin not go to war?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Sanchez and GGG just didn't expect Canelo to come forward and they didn't plan a strategy for it. Coupled with that they probably though Canelo's knee, his inactivity and the fact that he was not as big as last time would work in their favour. Still really disappointed with GGG. It's a legacy defining fight and you need to take risks.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Why would he adjust?

What do you think happens if he goes toe to toe?
      I think Canelo has the edge in exchanges due to his superior ability to defend and attack at the same time, Golovkin mostly does one or the other. So I think GG would have probably lost.

But, that’s not what happened. Golovkin boxed off the back foot and did brilliantly against a sensational fighter in his prime to take the win on my, and many many other, cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I think Canelo has the edge in exchanges due to his superior ability to defend and attack at the same time, Golovkin mostly does one or the other. So I think GG would have probably lost.

But, that’s not what happened. Golovkin boxed off the back foot and did brilliantly against a sensational fighter in his prime to take the win on my, and many many other, cards.
        Ok this is what I was looking for about 3 replies ago, I'm not digging him out, I just felt like we had the opportunity to have a Hagler Hearns and didn't get it. Still a great fight, don't get me wrong.

I'm unsure of what would happen if they went Toe to Toe. I agree, initially I think Canelo lights him up, but I also think GGG could take over if he doesnt get KO'd in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          how did he land so many more shots than canelo then? oh wait i forgot solid jabs dont count as a scoring shot anymore

if you wanna know how to win a fight with just the jab, go check out winky wright. he jabbed all day going foward.

ggg got backed up for 6 straight rounds. that jab aint save him. ggg finished the fight strong and showed that he isnt a fraud. but he got his ass kicked saturday night.

Canelo won clearly

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            Golovkin is held to different standards than everyone else its amazing. if he wins and gets robbed twice its ' why did he not knock him out tho its comical!'
            Shut up.

If you're a boxing fan you know nobody is held to different standards. We all expect champions to act like champions.

You sound like a bltch, white knighting golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

ggg wasnt boxing brilliantly rounds 1-6

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                Shut up.

If you're a boxing fan you know nobody is held to different standards. We all expect champions to act like champions.

You sound like a bltch, white knighting golovkin.
                you need to go and have a wank or something, every post you sound like a super angry weird little mong.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  ggg wasnt boxing brilliantly rounds 1-6
                  No he was struggling, especially with the body work, but he was still landing and picked up a few rounds. Second half of fight he really came into it imo, championship rounds he took clearly. Dont see the 12th as being a swing round like many do, I thought Golovkin landed much better cleaner shots in that round.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    you need to go and have a wank or something, every post you sound like a super angry weird little mong.
                    I guess the truth sounds angry to you lol

Which one of is making whiny excuses? Last time I checked I don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      Because those Canelo punches hurt
                      This, he may have a granite chin, but punching a swelling face is painful in its self enough to not want to get hit again.

Comment

Working...
                      X