Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If Lemieux Wins - Canelo Fight Possible if No Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assume Canelo and Golden Boy are afraid of a rematch. More importantly, assume that GGG and his team believe that Canelo and Golden Boy are afraid of a rematch as many who post on this site believe. What then entices the "frightened" Canelo to get in the ring with GGG one more time? Answer: MORE MONEY!

Canelo is not afraid to fight GGG, nor is GGG afraid to fight Canelo. The goal of each is to position themselves and their team to extract as much money as possible. Moreover, they have to look at long-term profits as well as short-term return. Canelo has to weigh risk vs reward both short term and long term. If either fights someone else and loses there goes $100 million out the window. By the way, if Charlo could draw more than flies he could be an option for either GGG or Canelo before they fight each other. As they say in bad movies, "follow the money..."

Comment

De la hoya looking in every direction for not facing ggg again. Him and his marinating equals fear.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        pretty sad post man..sounds like excuses
        It's not an excuse is seems like I'm attacking canelo but we were talking about canelo... I hold all boxers to the same standard.... the last few yrs have just pissed me off with so many fighters targeting smaller guys in money fights...cotto, canelo, ggg.. there's a few others.... I understand money talks... but to many ppl fall into buls**** hype... I'm not a boxers fan in a boxing fan idgafos who the boxer is...as much as I dislike ward style, how can someone not respect him for his accomplishments. Too muc media hype bull**** these days and ppl just eat it up

Comment

I think I just miss the may, PAc days....generally always going up in weight takin on actual challenges

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Triple g fool!
            Dude cmon we wanted that fight yrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
              You are whats wrong with Boxing if you believe that nonsense. If you believe 5'8" canelos been fighting tiny midgets,old washed or bums,then boxings not for you. Stop regurgitating what nonsense u pick up,this is a pic of canelo at the weigh in with fmj.

Sure looks like a giant alright...

Meanwhile ggg is way taller & bigger. And team bullshît as they're known have admitted there was already a agreement in place before both their last fights contingent on both winning. Canelo barely won the title off cotto at cw 1 yr 3 mos before announcing the fight with ggg. Only gggroupies can claim a career jmw is somehow age draining someone by announcing to fight them 1 yr 3 mos after 1st winning title at cw.

Somehow he's supposed to snap fingers & magically negotiate fight in 15 days with team bs promotions,while hes in a multimillion $ TRIAL,& somehow ggg taking 4 ever to negotiate with his MANDATORY jacobs over a tiny amount$$ comparably,then signing to fight him with a several month camp, is supposedly irrelevant in how long this fight took to make.

You are what's wrong with boxing..... you can't get over your little crush.... don't give me that 15 day bull**** that was the biggest cop out and if you cant see it, it's proves your blind love for him...your getting defensive cause I said some against your bf.... the difference between me and you i don't play favouritism....I'm happy to rip on any fighter... for instance I can understand gggs team wanting the brook fight, buttt ggg should of shut that **** down straight away...... blindness again Jacobs was clearly holding up negotiations in that fight... trying to petition the wba for a bigger slice of the pie
              Last edited by Scary_canary; 10-19-2017, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                What's wrong with that?? That's Oscar being a smart businessman!
                That forces Triple g into taking what's being offered to him cause if he don't then he gotta fight Charlo for alot less money?
                Think about it...
                So are you a boxing fan or a business fan???

Comment

Sorry one last thing lol but the only thing I feel I'm probably wrong about and I personally think nearly everyone is wrong about this..... but everyone (including myself) always attack the boxer.... canelos scared....cottos a diva( I actually think cottos has become a diva)... ggg/wilder only fight bums blah blah blah but we should really be attacking the promoters....it's should really be **** golden boy, **** tom loeffler, **** al Hayman and **** bob arum

Comment

I really wish Martinez never fought cotto, I wish he just retired and vacated the belt he was a shell of himself... and this bull**** in the middleweight division probably wouldn't have dragged on for so long

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                      So are you a boxing fan or a business fan???
                      I'm a boxing fan cause I get no money out of the fights.
                      But you gotta be one stupid mother****er to think Boxing isn't a business!
                      I understand fans wanna see all the good fights ASAP with no marinating and most fans wanna see Mexican style fights were you got two fighters beating the **** out of each other and not give one thought to defense.
                      But C'mon. If your working for yourself like a boxer is or if your running a business like Oscar De la Hoya is wouldn't you wanna maximize your earnings??
                      I know most people don't give a **** about any of that cause they're not getting any money out of it but you gotta see things from a fighter's and promoter's point of view then you'll understand why they do some of the things they do.
                      I'm just being real and I can't hate on a man for trying to make some money.

Comment

Working...
                      X