Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thurman should be above crawford in the pound for pound list.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thurman should be above crawford in the pound for pound list.

Crawfords wins: postol,diaz, indongo, gamboa, burns.
    Thurmans wins: Danny garcia, porter, guerrero,collazo, chaves, soto karass

How in gods name is crawfords resume better than thurmans?

Thurman should be the top rated american pound for pound fighter, not crawford.
    Last edited by Prince Madison; 09-26-2017, 04:20 PM.

so thurman must be your #1 pfp then im guessing

Comment

He does have a strong claim.

But dat 'eye test' doe. The same eye test that had people thinking GGG was invincible and Roman Gonzalez was a once in a lifetime type of fighter. Recent resume will always be the most concrete way of judging/ranking fighters.

Comment

Crawford is a 2 division lineal champion and just unified the entire 140 division..are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post

Beltran is a better fighter than Chaves, Soto Karass and shopworn Guerrero and Collazo.

When Crawford has stepped up he's dominated and rarely lost a round whereas Thurman hasn't quite been as impressive against Garcia and Porter.

All speculative really, but I struggle to see what Thurman does better than Crawford in a Boxing ring and would favor him heavily. Sort of like I knew Canelo had tougher opponents but knew GGG would beat him.

Also, I like Garcia a lot but I do feel he may have lost to Postol and felt Postol did a better job on Mattheysse than he did and felt he lost close to Peterson, whereas I felt Diaz beat Peterson. Again, all subjective really.
          Last edited by chrisJS; 09-26-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            Crawford is a 2 division lineal champion and just unified the entire 140 division..are you serious?
            im deadly serious. you reckon thurman would have struggled with any of them 140 fighters if they came up and fought him? Unifying a trash division doesnt mean a thing.

Comment

Well Crawford has gone through 2 weight divisions and that can't be ignored.

Also Postol is a hell of a win for a few reasons, firstly he was extremely hot coming off a stoppage win over Matthysse, something which Danny Garcia didn't come close to doing. You can argue about who faced the better version, but Postol dispatched him in pretty one sided fashion. Second Crawford didn't just beat Postol, he completely humiliated him and dropped him, if you consider the mood before the fight, plenty of people picking Postol, so you have to factor in how dominant the performance was.

Thurman has arguably beaten better fighters in Porter and Garcia but he did it in much more competitive fights and snuck past Porter.

Gamboa is arguably the best fighter that either fighter has beaten. Certainly he is the most talented - ok the fact that he was a smaller guy has to be factored in, but you can't ignore it either, at the end of the day both guys have to make weight. Again Crawford did it in an exciting fashion, and got the stoppage, again lots of people picking Gamboa before the fight.

I think at the moment Crawford has shown more ability and he has done it against a high enough calibre of opponent to justify the praise he gets.

I don't think he's quite a welterweight yet, but when he does reach their I am sure he is going to show what I am saying against like for like competition, in what would now be his third weight class. In the mean time if he could somehow get the Mikey fight, that would be great for his career, I am sure he would take that fight tomorrow if it was offered. I think there are plenty of guys around 135-147 that aren't in a hurry to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post

Pretty sure you're one of the guys who has said it ain't about the belts but about who you fought, but hey... none of us is really objective.

Thurman probably does have a better resume, but don't worry man - the good ol' eye test will tell most that Bud probably has the higher ceiling.

Wait... you are good with the eye test aincha?

Comment

im deadly serious. you reckon thurman would have struggled with any of them 140 fighters if they came up and fought him? Unifying a trash division doesnt mean a thing.
                  I don't think some of you quite understand p4p. Thurman probably walks around at 165-170 pounds and is a career welterweight. Crawford probably walks around at 150-155 pounds and started his career at lightweight.

Either way Thurman is naturally the bigger man. It would be like saying Austin Trout or Lara would beat Garcia and Porter easier and more clearly than Thurman could so they are p4p the better fighters.

This is the same reason why I don't get why people put GGG as p4p number 1. He can't be in my eyes, I could certainly see him high because he is an extremely physically domineering fighter at 160 lbs and has had good longevity, but realistically if Loma and Crawford were of similar size or the same size, what do you think would happen?

I'll tell you what, they would give him an absolute, epic pasting. Even if you factored in a drop off in speed and reflexes as a result of being a naturally bigger fighter, or vice versa, they are superior boxers, more versatile, and would wipe the floor with him.

Comment

Both should be in the top ten

Comment

Working...
                    X