No announcement yet.

Boxing gloves overly designed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing gloves overly designed?

Am I the only one who feels most boxing gloves brands are too overly designed? I mean if you look at Grant,Cleto reyes etc they need to put a lot of design on the gloves. In the 80s I noticed that most gloves were just plain red. Why are gloves so overly designed now

and am I the only one who feels like a plain colored glove with a wrist strap logo of the manufacturer is good enough?

Because styles change overtime and the technology to make more detailed designs becomes more widely available.

Comment

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
      Am I the only one who feels most boxing gloves brands are too overly designed? I mean if you look at Grant,Cleto reyes etc they need to put a lot of design on the gloves. In the 80s I noticed that most gloves were just plain red. Why are gloves so overly designed now

and am I the only one who feels like a plain colored glove with a wrist strap logo of the manufacturer is good enough?
      You can always get custom gloves made from the manufacturer to your specific specs, but it won't be cheap.

Comment

Interesting fact for you, gloves traditionally were red as red is the hardest colour for the human eye to pick out

Comment

Really? I would imagine it would be easiest since nothing else is red. I figured a dark blue or green would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
            Interesting fact for you, gloves traditionally were red as red is the hardest colour for the human eye to pick out
            very interesting indeed.

Comment

So some flashy lime green gloves you think you look the **** in, is actually doing your opponent a favour

Comment

Working...
              X