Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Americans hate Deontay Wilder? No support for countrymen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Americans hate Deontay Wilder? No support for countrymen.

I see a lot of hate for Deontay Wilder. Where is the support? You should be proud to have an American Heavyweught champion. Even if he wins he won't be the real champ but at least you will have someone to root for when/if he fights Klitchko. Stop hating on the man.

Or maybe it is just the white americans who hate on him.

I don't think people hate him, he's just not exciting.

Who gives a crap where someone is from? Nationalism, is weak-ass thinking for people who have no iden******, therefore need the lowest form of group think to give them an identity. These people are always losers.

I'll take a good fighter, who earned is way, an exciting fighter, over a fighter for simply being American. F that bull.

Wilder will lose to all the best HWs. He is not going to become great. Frankly, Wilder represents all that is wrong with boxing. F him.

Comment

Another racially motivated post. Smh.

Comment

I have just been discussing this concept with joeandthebums on Fantasy..

The reason is simple and all encompassing.

If Wilder were to become champ next week, suddenly the HW division will be revived and Wilder will be a hero.

Until then though, Wilder, like all other Amercian HW's, no matter how good or how dangerous they are, will be for the most part, put down disgracefully, blaming THEM as the reason they have been uncompetitive in boxing.

Americans would rather dwell in the distant past in a largely fabricated fantasy world that never actually existed, rather than embrace what is right in front of them and lend their support.

In Australia here, support for your athletes is high and this kind of behaviour frowned upon.

Comment

I don't hate Wilder, just not sold on him the next great American Heavyweight yet.

Comment

He ****ing sucks and was protected to an undeserved title shot. He's also an idiot who beats women up. Why should anyone like him?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinkyokushin92 View Post
              I see a lot of hate for Deontay Wilder. Where is the support? You should be proud to have an American Heavyweught champion. Even if he wins he won't be the real champ but at least you will have someone to root for when/if he fights Klitchko. Stop hating on the man.

Or maybe it is just the white americans who hate on him.
              Excellent analysis sempai... do tell me more

Comment

I doubt Americans even know who he is, his only notoriety came from WSHH showing his KO's, other than that, no one knows this dude.

Comment

He's done nothing to deserve it and is being shoved down our throats like he's the next best thing. Not like he asked for people to hype him up like that I guess but it happens. Be interesting to see what happens when skill starts mattering more and he can't just over power opponents.

Comment

Cuz he be a bruva! Whitey scurred!! Dey don't wanna see a bruva whoopin azz!

Seriously though. This topic has been discussed a number of times. The issue people have with him is that he's hyped as hell and has fought nothing but cab drivers and beggars.

Although he sure will be tested next week.

Comment

Working...
                    X